Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI computer , how can you tell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
Hi guys, i am getting ready to do a test start of the engine on the ground and as I went throught the stuff that came with the car ( like one and a half car in pieces) I got the car mostly dissaembled and I have 2 computer, 2 wiring harness 2 -3 mps and a load of duplicate stuff that i do not know what they are used for????, the computer box they both look different , the boxes are different ( 1 has a knob on the outside the other one doesnt) the board inside are different too ??? headbang.gif I need to know which one is for a 72 1.7 d-jet

thanks
tdgray
I know my 73 has the knob. Other than that sorry can't help sad.gif

If you find out that neither works let me know. I have an extra that is in good working order.
Bleyseng
Giving us the numbers on the boxes would help......
The early FI ECU had no idle knob
The MPS's had all kinds of numbers for different years. The 73 1.7 MPS is a 049.
Test the MPS's with a vacuum pump by pumping it to 15hg of vacuum and let it sit for 5 min. Good ones hold the vacuum, bad ones leak down.
Also use the one that doesn't have the end drilled out, as someone has monkeyed with it. monkeydance.gif

Geoff
freezing14
I will go trought tonight and get the numbers of the parts and post them back

thanks
wilchek
Check out this web site. Almost too much info, but very helpful with all part #

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.