Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teeners with teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Andyrew
Brad, Dont worry, some us us will be here for a long time, some of us will find 944 turbo's to drive.

Its up to us to decide which.

(dang, hard decision... I guess me and dad will have to battle it out on the track to see who's got the faster car! happy11.gif )

Andrew
jporsche914
I have a freind that drives a Purple/blue Geo Tracker and he calls my 914 gay and says it is slow. It is sad when i have a 1.7L engine and it is bigger than his and my car is about a second faster 0-60. Maybe he isnt as good a friend as i thought :finger2:
jgiroux67
laugh.gif laugh.gif If you have a Geo than you have no right to make fun of anybodies car. Geo is at the bottom of the barrel.
Andyrew
and right on top of geo is moped, then kia, then hundi, then honda.

Ford is in there somewhere... but I dont know where. (jk)
jgiroux67
Dont forget saturn!
Andyrew
You mean there still making cars?
jandro62
You other guys, what do the girls where you live that are your age think of your 914? I know the girls around here think its pretty cool.
Andyrew
They say its "cute".. I dont pay to much attention because I know girls dont say whats on there mind.

Not many guys know a whole bunch about cars at my school, I mean they like them and all, but just dont know a whole lot..
i love porsche
17 here, ive got a roller and a parts car, and im learning everything on my own, ive been investing in alot of different tools, and the latest a mig welder welder.gif fun stuff...but i want to drive her as soon as i can!
Eric_Shea
Well, I have to say, in a similar spirit to Brad's post; Carry On Gang!

To all of you young'ns out there (never thought I'd be typing that any time soon) a BIG congratulations on making an excellent purchasing decision. I've had (5) 914's and (3) 911's in my 20 plus years as a PCA member. I can't say which car is my favorite but I do have a much larger spot in my heart for the 914.

It's an excellent "first" and "last" Porsche. You have a mid-engined sports car with an extremely low CG, two trunks and 4 wheel disc-brakes that are hard to beat by today's standards. Is it underpowered? Depends on how you look at it. I'll bet Vic Elford could kick everyone's ass at the next autocross in a stock 2.0 (or 1.7 for that matter)

Now, for those who give you shit about the Volkswagen heritage, you may want to remind them that the very first Porsche was nothing more than a collection of parts from the VW bins. Or, best bet is to walk away because they're idiots. Because of this close relationship with VW I feel the 914 is "more" Porsche than most.

Do 914's have problems? Yup. Rust issues would basically sum it up. But, if you fix them right and keep them in check you'll have a stunning automobile (even by today's standards) that will take you anywhere, reliably and in comfort. I've taken two cross country journeys in my various 914's with little more than a battery tray issue.

Prices for good 914's keep going up. True "Porschephiles" understand what this car is. You'll always have the "pin-dick" Porsche element (no offense to "most" Porsche owners but these are the ones who bought their Porsches to get a penis extension NOT because of the heritage and the fine automobiles that they are) who will shun your 914. Simply glance down at their crotch with a knowing nod, walk away and enjoy your 914.

So there you have it... my long winded way of saying congratulations on your decision to purchase a 914. Carry the torch and keep those 914's on the road. You guys (and gals) rock beerchug.gif
red914
my wife says i act like i am 19... <_<

i have been a Porsche-phile since about the time my car (a '72) was made, but kept getting distracted by other priorities. refocused now, however. trying to learn what makes 'em go, and keep going.

the young guys here amaze and impress me. these cars will be in good hands, i figure. keep up the good work.
robby750
I bought my first 914 when I was 19 years old. I had it for 2 years and after I filed a claim with my insurance company for a stolen CB radio (remembers those?) they said they were canceling me because it was a "high performance sports car". I ended up having to sell it because I couldn't find insurance for it. I fell in love with that car and always wanted another. I bought my second one in 1986 and my third in 1997. I'm 49 years old now and probably will always have a 914. My 16 year old son has been riding in one since he was an infant. I may let him drive it sometimes but I would love to see him get one of his own someday.
Meredith
I'll have one someday, I swear!

Brad, I thought you were going to convince my dad to buy one for me. I'm still waiting... biggrin.gif

Mer
sj914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 22 2004, 08:56 PM)
I was 18 when I bought my first teener... does that count? unsure.gif

me too. Now I'm just starting all over again, trying to re'live my youth. biggrin.gif
Eric_Ciampa
I bougt my 914 when I was 18. I just turned 21 and still have her. I have learned everything I know about cars (which is still not all that much) from working on her. Last year I hit a deer on some wonderful mountain roads going about 50. She still is down but I am getting married on January 1st and plan on driving away in her. I hope we have a long life together. and I hope my wife sticks around too.
mxdude914
im only 16
i love porsche
hey 16 is not too early to have a car, much less a 914, i got my first car at 13
Root_Werks
I had my first 914 when I was 17. I am only 31 now, but back then, the 914's were not so old. Goods ones could be found at dealerships!

I think I have owned 15 or so 914's??? I had my first 914-6 at the age of 18. What a mistake that was! (for my parents anyway). It had a 2.7 in it. DUH Mom and Dad! I remember my Dad telling my Mom to go ahead and let me buy it. I could afford to make the payments and after all, it was only a VW according to him. Worked for me. biggrin.gif

The last ticket I recieved in that 914-6 was for 100+ in a 55. My parents told me to sell the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.