Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teeners with teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jgiroux67
How many of you are under 20 and own a 914?
Aaron Cox
me

18 yrs,

73 2.0 daily driver
70 flared roller
74 2.0 parts car
VegasRacer
Chronological age or maturity level?
Jenny
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 22 2004, 08:58 PM)
me

18 yrs,

73 2.0
70 flared roller
74 2.0 parts car

You're only 18??? w00t.gif

Jeff told me you had braces, but I didn't figure you for barely legal! biggrin.gif

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jul 22 2004, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 22 2004, 08:58 PM)
me

18 yrs,

73 2.0
70 flared roller
74 2.0 parts car

You're only 18??? w00t.gif

Jeff told me you had braces, but I didn't figure you for barely legal! biggrin.gif

Jen

jeff is a cool guy. thanks to both of you...

its a pretty clean car. he was happy to unload the stuff- i was happy to take it.

re the braces: see my other thread- jaw surgery icon8.gif .
Andyrew
What do you want?

If I count right, theres four of us.

Active that is.

DrifterJay is our fourth..

Golf anyone?
Aaron Cox
and MattR
MattR
Yup. Im almost 20 though. I weigh in at a measely 19.

I was three years old when the dogers last won a world series smile.gif.
Andyrew
Ahh, yes.

I knew it sounded wrong.

He's 19 right?

5 some.... hmmm, Lets see, theres basketball.. probably a bowling team.. Heck, we could go nascar with 5 drivers/ pit crew...

hmmmm.. Maybe we'll just sit on the couch, drinking some Beer (tap, root) watchin some family guy.

Word

Edit: I type slow
jgiroux67
All of us live in CA and most of us have 73 2.0L laugh.gif
Am I the only one that finds that strange?
Aaron Cox
yours, jays, and mine are all black wink.gif , coincidence? i think not
Eric_Shea
I was 18 when I bought my first teener... does that count? unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 22 2004, 09:56 PM)
I was 18 when I bought my first teener... does that count? unsure.gif

sure does wink.gif
SirAndy
i was 18 before you guys were born biggrin.gif

and back then, instead of cars, i was more into girlzz, loud music and other subversive activities.

ok, now you got me all nostalgic. i'm going to have a Cuba-Libre ...
beer3.gif Andy
GWN7
There is also Blade Demon, but he only reads stuff I point out to him............... sad.gif
Eric_Shea
i'm going to have a Cuba-Libre

unsure.gif Hmmm, that put's you between 1878 and 1895. Hell, you damn near predate the automobile, let alone the 914 laugh.gif

Ooooohhhh you mean the cocktail! (2 to 3 ounces of Coke, the juice and hull of one lime, 1 ounce rum, half an ounce gin, and two dashes of bitters.)

Not bad from a guy from Utah! I'm going to have a 3.2 beer!! w00t.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 22 2004, 10:02 PM)
i was 18 before you guys were born biggrin.gif

and back then, instead of cars, i was more into girlzz, loud music and other subversive activities.

ok, now you got me all nostalgic. i'm going to have a Cuba-Libre ...
beer3.gif Andy

I just watched Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. It was in Cuba... does that count? beer3.gif

914's din't happen till I was 20 sad.gif

..........b smoke.gif
Andyrew
I Had a 2.0....

Boy us teens just gota have the best huh?

Are any of us NOT planning a paint job?

Are we all planning/ or have 5 lug?

YOU GUYS ARE COPYING ME!!

Next, you'll want v8's...
BatAc
I have a teenage son that will be taught to drive on a 914. Does that count?
jgiroux67
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 22 2004, 09:29 PM)
I Had a 2.0....

laugh.gif laugh.gif Well mine is gonna be repainted black and your going red again.
If I was to change the engine I would go with a flat six or subi flat four.
jgiroux67
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 22 2004, 09:02 PM)

Well I am definitaly way into girls and music. I see you are from germany, are you into heavy metal?
Andyrew
I'll take you for a drive.. you might reconsider.. lol

Im going ORANGE.. ANDY went red.

Phoenix Red... Its orange baby, with a tint of red.

Bad arse color. biggrin.gif

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 22 2004, 11:02 PM)
Well I am definitaly way into girls and music. I see you are from germany, are you into heavy metal?

naaa, punk rock is my music of choice.

i haven't changed much in the last 25 years,
i pretty much looked the same in 1980 biggrin.gif

this is me last saturday, getting ready to hit the streets ...
aktion035.gif Andy
Andyrew
Do you wear those boots for auto xing? Or do you change to shoes?

Just curious.. wink.gif
dbelleperc
19 here. Had the teener sence I was 15.smile.gif
jandro62
turned 20 last month, bought the car when I was 17. And after all that, it almost runs.
trojanhorsepower
What happened to cactus?

-Pete

I really wanted a teener when I was about 17, but did not actually get one till 30 sad.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Jul 23 2004, 07:02 AM)
What happened to cactus?

He gave it his best shot. Chris ended up selling his 914 and bought a Miata.

Don't worry. He is infected. He is one of us. He will be back.
Joe Ricard
Ya poor cactus. He never had a shot getting that car which required so much work all at once.

My son was 15 when he gathered the money to get the "cool Blue teener" To much required to keep it running and youngins expect the damn thing to strat when you turn the key go like hell and never do nothing to it ever.

914 was not the car for him.

I just throw money at my car weekly drive it 1 day and work on it 2 days. If I miss the schedule it requires all weekend and twice the money.

But I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!! boldblue.gif
scotty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jul 22 2004, 09:56 PM)
I was 18 when I bought my first teener... does that count?  

sure does  

Yea! I was 19 11/12 when I got mine (choice between a Fire Arrow and a 914...)

So young...
MattR
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 22 2004, 09:29 PM)
I Had a 2.0....

Im planning a paint job.

And doing the 5 lug thing.

But I dont need a V8. The only replacement for displacement is a good driver in the seat wink.gif .

Where are you going to school andrew?

Sir Andy, did you buy the wardrobe off SLC Punk? (note, we need a :punk: smiley for you)
Andyrew
aktion035.gif

We gota punk smilie..

"There is no replacement for displacement, except forced induction"

Thats my quote, and I've been sayin in for eva.

I've been doing a few auto xes.. Im at 8 now? Anyways, they are in the 944 turbo's.. Kinda prepares me for the v8.

Planning collage is stan state after MJC
morph
i bought my first 914 when i was 17 and its still in my driveway biggrin.gif and who ever said you get infected with this little car was right. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 22 2004, 11:59 PM)
Do you wear those boots for auto xing? Or do you change to shoes?

nope, same boots. makes for better acceleration (and braking).
yeah baby! driving.gif

Sir Andy, did you buy the wardrobe off SLC Punk? (note, we need a :punk: smiley for you)

all "do it yourself" ...
the mud-flap used to be a t-shirt. i designed the german tour promo-stuff for a band called "extreme noise terror" in, hmmm, i think '93 it was.
posters, flyers, t-shirts and all that good stuff. that was a promo t-shirt ...

aktion035.gif Andy
Eric Taylor
I'm only 18. Got the teener because I wrecked dad's 2.0 when I was 16 smile.gif
Eric
siverson
28 now, got mine when I was 15.

-Steve
74 914 3.6
BahnBrenner914
i'm 17 now and i've had my 914 since september ('03). i've decided i'm going to think about a project car alot more before i buy one next time. still fixing it 2500 or so later. had a few urges to sawzall-smiley.gif but i held back. 1976 2.0 with all ssi 73 style exhaust.
#1RAGE
I'm 20 but I got my 1974 1.8 when I was 19. cool.gif
jgiroux67
Ok so how many of you have friends who try to make fun of your car and they have some ugly cheap looking honda?
Eric Taylor
Yeah my best friend thinks it's a piece of shit because it spends to much time in the garage. He calls it the p14. But I guess not everyone can drive a shitty wrecked Ford Explorer smile.gif
Eric
Andyrew
Mine was worse.. the guy had a kia...

Thought it resembled a lawn mower...

Now that he knows the car... He doesnt think that anymore.. lol

Especially when he knows the engine thats going in it..
DrifterJay
hi guys...its 130 in the morning...I am tired...I dont know why I am on the board right now...been gone for awhile...yeah I am 18...hehe...19 soon...have had the teener since I was 17...it is sort of running now.....ran beautifully for 20 min till I overrevved it....got to love that tailshifter! Dropping engine tomorrow and swapping out heads....well see how it goes...gnight...drink well...I mean sleep well beer.gif
-Jared spank.gif
bryanthompson
I'm 19 and have a 76 914 and an 83 944. I got the 944 the day of my highschool graduation (may, 2003) and got the 914 a couple weeks ago.

The 914 has some rust (battery tray, rusted suspension console) , but out here in the midwest I have to take what I can get.
MattR
Welcome to the board!

My only friend that makes fun of me driving a "VW" drives Toyota Celica from 1988 rolleyes.gif.
Dave-O
I'm 20 and got my 914 when i was 15. Taught myself everything i know about working on cars in those 5 years. Made a couple stupid decisions in there that cost me $$$ but everything tuned out alright. Best advise i can give is stick with it and don't give up. There were a couple somber nights when my car had no doors, hoods, floors etc. but keep that welding gun hot welder.gif

David
jporsche914
I am 16 years old and my 914 is my first car.
Brad Roberts
For many years I have worried about who was going to carry on the 914 torch as each of us old guy's passed away. Each event I attend I look around to see if any young people are interested in this stuff or if video games have taken over the world. It brings great pleasure to me when I see threads like this getting good responses. It means the torch will be carried on by the young guns.

B
Britain Smith
I am not a teenager, but I am still young and drive my teener as a daily driver. I got started in Porsches when I was 15...met Brad shortly after. party.gif

-Britain
MattR
Hey, dont expect me to hold on to my teener. As soon as i can afford it im going to get a "real" porsche jester.gif .
BahnBrenner914
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 23 2004, 09:23 PM)
Ok so how many of you have friends who try to make fun of your car and they have some ugly cheap looking honda?

my friends all make fun of my daily driver ( a 1978 ford fiesta) even though it is in better condition then any of their cars ( if they have one) and some make jabs at the 914 but stop when i give them the finger.gif and ask them if they have a porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.