Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Towing question,...need help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dltalfa
OK,..so I sold my 914. Part of the deal was, I am to deliver it part of the way to the new owner. I will be towing it on my car trailer, first time to tow a 914.

My question is: I can't see where to tie down the rear. Where should I connect my tow straps?

Please advise
avidfanjpl
I wrap Heavy Nylon straps around the space between the rotor and the wheel suspension, then hook the metal triangles on the yardlong straps to the big nylon straps at all 4 corners.

I don't actually hook any metal to any suspension part.

That way nothing gets bent.

You need 36" straps at each corner.

Borrow or rent some, if you can.

John

QUOTE(dltalfa @ Oct 6 2011, 08:00 PM) *

OK,..so I sold my 914. Part of the deal was, I am to deliver it part of the way to the new owner. I will be towing it on my car trailer, first time to tow a 914.

My question is: I can't see where to tie down the rear. Where should I connect my tow straps?

Please advise

BMXerror
I used to feed the straps between the caliper and the bearing boss casted into the trailing arm in the rear, and around the A-arm in the front. Now, I just clip into the donuts. T-hooks may work better for this. I've never tried it.
Mark D.
messix
what wheels are on it?
dltalfa
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 6 2011, 10:34 PM) *

what wheels are on it?

Factory Mahle's
messix
then around trailing arm inside of shock mount, hook to strap. pull straight back if possible
r_towle
Shocks or wheels
A-arms in the front...or wheels

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.