Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexan quarter window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LS6/914
I need a source for 914 lexan quarter windows in the doors. It will be a interior vent project for a 914/8 track car. All the HVAC ducting at the dash has been sealed (P.O.) At the track its blistering in the interior. Not that Iam complaining. There was a Ferrari 250GTO running also however the owner and his tech would not say who built thier lexan side windows laugh.gif Thanks, Lar
Kerrys914
I have some extra sheets of LEXAN. I guess I could cut you some windows from a template.

I have never tried to make windows before so any tips would be helpful.

Cheers
Kerry
Brett W
You can drape form them over the original if you want. Cut the pattern of what you need and then lay it over the original and use a heat gun to form it.
TimT
Make your own windows, there is no need for heating and shaping the quarter window shapes. take your old window out, use it as pattern, then cut the lexan. The lexan will be flexible enough to follow the slight curve of the window

Heres one I made for my 911, 1/8 lexan, with a naca duct
Brad Roberts
OK.. call me crazy.

Do you want to replace the vent window or the main roll up glass ??

B
campbellcj
For a track car, do you really need windows?

I removed my door glass recently, as the rules allow it and it is usually too effin' hot around here anyway. All the inner door stuff & glass saves a ton of weight! smilie_pokal.gif
jgiroux67
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 24 2004, 06:56 PM)
Heres one I made for my 911, 1/8 lexan, with a naca duct

Wher do you get a naca duct and how much is it?
machina
cut all my windows from lexan except the windshield.

vent is from wicks.

dr
TimT
I like tose little aircraft vent!! does Wicks have an online presence? edit just found them biggrin.gif

I bough my naca ducts from Butler, but you can also get them from Pegasus
LS6/914
dr. & gang thank you for the input. The quarte window with the round vent should work well. Yes it gets incredibly hot in the cabin. Last weekend at Pacific Raceway PCA required the top on even with a full cage & harness. The v8 ran all day at 190, its the driver that overheated sawzall-smiley.gif prompting more airflow. Lar
Scott Carlberg
Spektr also sells Lexan pieces.

http://www.spektrproducts.com/catalog.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.