Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 motor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chrisg
Just curious if anybody has seen or posted about these before. I just found it to be a different and interesting concept on a boxer design motor that many of us are so fond of. I love two strokes too (at least for motorcycles).
http://ecomotors.com/
Mike Bellis
Cool little diesel engine. The concept has been used for years on locomotive and large diesels. I'm waiting for someone to use a TDI engine.
JRust
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 9 2011, 07:05 PM) *

Cool little diesel engine. The concept has been used for years on locomotive and large diesels. I'm waiting for someone to use a TDI engine.

I will do a TDI someday! I love diesels evilgrin.gif
broomhandle
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 9 2011, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 9 2011, 07:05 PM) *

I will do a TDI someday! I love diesels evilgrin.gif

same here, ive been thinking about a turbo vanagon diesel motor in my 914 with a better cam. Im a diesel guy, driving a gas 914 feels weird everytime i put gas in it.

a TDI would seam to be a pain to get it in the bay, and all the electronics, trans....
Mike Bellis
If I could fit a V8 and a rotary, I could fit a TDI engine. I would not use a vanagon engine. It's just too old and primitive. A Passat transaxle could be made to work with a new Jetta TDI. Plus you have aftermarket performance support with the TDI.
broomhandle
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 9 2011, 07:53 PM) *

If I could fit a V8 and a rotary, I could fit a TDI engine. I would not use a vanagon engine. It's just too old and primitive. A Passat transaxle could be made to work with a new Jetta TDI. Plus you have aftermarket performance support with the TDI.

agreed. a 2003 TDI and not the pump would be awesome. I thought the same, im tired of old tech, the 914 body/sus, with modern trans and engine.

I have a very tired 1.7 and any kia would blow me away....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.