Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Selling a car on eBay: A Dipshit's Guide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AZ914
While looking at cars online recently, I found a common theme among many of the listings. I thought I would post this 'guide' as to how to sell a car on eBay! (same applies to Craigslist)
biggrin.gif

DESCRIPTION:
It is important to buyers to have an accurate description of your car. Please take the following into consideration:
1. Please use all CAPS and NOSPACES ITMAKES IT EASIER TOREAD.
2. Please tell us that the car runs and drives good as that is all we need to know.
3. Tell us that the car is awesome, will attract attention and I can take it to the beach or the mountains as this is helpful in my purchase decision.
4. Say that the engine was rebuilt, but don't say when, what was done, or what size the engine is.
5. Tell is if it has DULE exhaust or new BREAKS.
6. Describe the $2500 stereo system but tell us in needs tires and the gauges don't work.
7. Say it needs some work or TLC but don't tell us what or where, that would be a waste of time.

PICTURES:
Pictures are worth a thousand words, right?
1. Please post only 1 picture of your car from about 25 feet away, that should be sufficient.
2. If the picture is all blurry or taken in the dark, that is ok, we get the idea.
3. Make sure your picture is in the smallest possible resolution as to conserve disk space.
4. If you take multiple pictures, make sure they are all of the same side of the car.
5. Only post pictures of the exterior. Nobody cares what the interior, engine bay, or trunk look like.
6. If you do post an interior picture, don't bother vaccuuming, after all, it isn't a show car (especially if you are a dealer).
7. Post pictures from different years, showing the car with different wheels, etc. We like suprises.
8. If you decide to not post pictures because it is too much of a pain, that is cool, just supply your e-mail address.

ar15.gif
wingnut86
P.S. Don't forget the disclaimer, something like "...I sell a lot of crap product on here and can't possibly take the time to verify that each car is in fact the one in the images, remember that objects may appear better online than they really are in person..." happy11.gif

Hypothetically, that is...

I modified CRAP to state "product" lol-2.gif
snakemain
And no matter what kind of product it is or how many produced just like it, you have to specify that it's RARE!

ex. 1997 Ford Mustang, Black with black interior ***RARE***
orange914
File photos are even better

good tires = 3 different brands/sizes, sun rotted with at least 20% usable wear left

good brakes = Stops the car (grinding aside)

good interior = same standard as above

straight pink slip = have 4 of the 7 past owners handwriten bill of sales
76-914
That is too funny. It's not so much ones language but please use spell check if you can't spell, please. We won't even discuss diction. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
WELLKRAP!! NOWONDERITTOOK SO LONG TO SELLMY CAR.
jaxdream
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 10 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Ellyeot , you are trying to sel ur puter skllss also , hoo wants to git car from sombody that cannt evun spilll ??

Still haven't sold the Zonk ????

Jack
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 10 2011, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 10 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Ellyeot , you are trying to sel ur puter skllss also , hoo wants to git car from sombody that cannt evun spilll ??

Still haven't sold the Zonk ????

Jack

The Zonker has a new owner.
AZ914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 10 2011, 06:14 PM) *

lol-2.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.