Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just how much are junk 914's worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
If you can buy non-running and rusted out (but complete) 914's for well under $1,000 should you do it? If storage isn't an issue is it really worth breaking them apart for the parts?

Thoughts?
markb
I wouldn't give anything near 1k for a junker.
underthetire
Bought one for 250 and drove it away.
mepstein
I wouldn't pay a grand for a junker but it's easy to part it out for a grand. I bought mine for $100, made a couple hundred, kept some parts and gave away the rest. I also learned a lot taking it apart.
76-914
They're like a box of Cracker Jack's. There's a surprise in everyone. But a roller, 100 - 800
jmill
I bought one for $1300. I broke even and still have parts left. It was a 73 2.0 with a perfect interior and dash, decent engine, SSI's, new Welt front sway bar and fuchs. If it doesn't have the prime 2.0 goodies it isn't worth it IMHO.
Rand
Depends on what it comes with. I paid $500 for a parts car, but it came with Mahle wheels, SSI heat exchangers, sideshift transmission, etc. If it didn't have those wheels, I would have passed at that price.
billh1963
The car in question is a 1975 with a 1.8. Reasonably complete but rusting apart.
rick 918-S
1.8,......about a hunnerd dollars...
TargaToy
I bought a rotten 75 which was already stripped of its lights, bumpers, and trunk lids. Paid $200 which was well worth it for me to have the whole side-shift setup. Plus, there are goodies like all the glass, later model top, window regulators, etc. Hopefully the 1.8 it came with will be the basis for a 2056 later on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.