Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittant Bucking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
isn't that the Throttle Position Switch that does that or is it the Injector Points? I also ohmed the Cylinder Head Temp sensor while it was cold & got 3 ohms. Does it need to be disconnected from the ECU wiring before ohming? I did on the cold test but not on the hot. The hot reading (while still connected) was somewhere btwn 1 & 2K. It's supposed to be 3K.
I could not find any vacuum leaks but idle will not go below 1K.
I'm getting ....... headbang.gif chair.gif ready to do

sumpin drastic fighting19.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

..........b
davep
With standard D-jet injection the trigger points in the distributor create the pulse train for the injectors. The ECU uses the sensor inputs to modify the duration of the pulses. Given that, complete fuel shutoff is usually a function of the trigger points, a wiring problem and bad grounds.
anthony
That is definitely the symptom of a bad TPS. With the TPS it happens at steady state driving at the same rpms. The contacts are worn around those rpms. On my car it happens around 3500 rpms which happens to be the freeway crusing rpm. I've needed to replace it for a long time but it only happens occasionally so I haven't been that motivated.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 26 2004, 07:45 AM)
That is definitely the symptom of a bad TPS. With the TPS it happens at steady state driving at the same rpms. The contacts are worn around those rpms. On my car it happens around 3500 rpms which happens to be the freeway crusing rpm. I've needed to replace it for a long time but it only happens occasionally so I haven't been that motivated.

That's exactly what it's doing except mines at 3K. I kinda figured it was gonna be that since it happened on my last engine. Wished the 1.7 TPS would fit on the 2.0..... it's almost new headbang.gif

........b
balthazar
there is a way to modify the 1.7mps to work on the 2.0. I know because my 2.0 had a modified 1.7 mps on it.

I am sure someone here knows how this is done...
Bruce Allert
I was studying my 1.7 TPS and could see how to modify it. It's only a year old and was performing great so my line of thought is to sell it & try to recoup some of the cash'ola I just spent on a new one.

Got a Bosch on line for $89 & free shipping clap56.gif Should be here Wednesday. boldblue.gif

........b beer.gif
georgia914
Hey my car does that too... only @about 4000. and some times as I roll to a stop it just shuts down. I just bought this car and know nothing about them...
Where is the throttle position sensor?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(georgia914 @ Jul 28 2004, 08:59 AM)
Hey my car does that too... only @about 4000. and some times as I roll to a stop it just shuts down. I just bought this car and know nothing about them...
Where is the throttle position sensor?

Your's is a 1.8L. The injection system used on the 2.0 and the 1.7 is a D-Jet system. The 1.8 uses an L-Jet system. Completely different. The L-Jet doesn't use the throttle switch like the D-Jet. The throttle switch on the L-Jet only has 2 contacts, one for idle, and one for wide open throttle.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.