Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How hard is it to wire in a 1995 3.6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
How hard to wire in a 1995 3.6? I don't have the original relay board in the engine bay anymore...in fact I have nothing left except for the batterey terminals.....

Just wonderin.... laugh.gif

Bill P.
EdwardBlume
Sorry... no extra parts from my 993.... don't get any ideas....

BTW- we missed you at the LPR AX
buck toenges
Don't know if this will help but for my 3.2 transplant we made an intermediate wiring harness that connected the 914 wiring harness (where it connected to the relay board) to the 3.2 engine harness. We eliminated the board entirely. We ran the dme unit and hung it up behind the center console. We then connected the dme units electrical harness to the 914 dash board.
RON S.
I have just received a wiring kit from Patrick Motorsports.
I recently installed a '95 993 engine/915 trans in my original -6.
I am pretty good at wiring,as I've done alot of it over the years on different cars.
That being said I thought I'd do the same thing with my 993 engine.
I had already had the wiring harness from the engine,and chassis so all that was needed was an interface.
I frigged w/it for a few days,got tired of that,and called Patrick to see what he'd offer.
They wire up the kits to order.Made to the car it's going in.
I had my interface wired to do away with the relay board.
It was a direct plug in job.
The only wires spliced were the 3 wires needed to power it up at the fuse box.
Easy job,and everything seems to work.Won't fire up the car for another year or so,as I need other things.
Only negative I have is that their wire colors do not even come close to the factory stuff.Everything is of their own color.
There kit has leads to run the fuel pump,and for your tach.
It ran about $400.00 bucks
Ron
East coaster
I bought a Patrick kit as well, but after receiving it I wish I just done it myself. I thought it would be a complete setup and maybe it's different for the 993 motor (mine is a '92 964). The kit I received ignored a 14 pin connector from the engine entirely. This connector provides oil pressure, oil temp, Alt leads and some other critical stuff. When I questioned Patrick about they said, Oh yeah...you need to fabricate that yourself.

I figured mine out, but the work/documentation it took to trace all that out I think I could've done the DME relay, etc, just as easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.