Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2012...anyone..Bueller..Bueller?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 14 2011, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Dec 14 2011, 02:12 PM) *

FWIW, Mother's Day is May 13th. That would a tough sell in my house. Maybe it's just me. blink.gif

Maybe its just her? happy11.gif poke.gif

Don't make fun of me just because I still live with my mom & dad. mad.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2011, 11:17 AM) *

I promise free advise on any subject to everyone who shows up at the WCR.

Cheers, Elliot

Does that include the mindset of a woman?
hydroliftin
April through May has my vote. I would actually like to make it this time. $100 to $150 per night (including tax) would be cool with me.
jim_hoyland
The 2011 WCR HQ'd at the La Quinta in White City. Drew got us a terrific rate and the parking lot was big enough for all the 914's plus a trailerable BBQ.

A quick search on La Quinta Inn's in Monterey showed reservable rates as low as $89
If we can get the date down quickly, it will give us more opportunity to negotiate to comfortable room rate.

See: http://www.themontereylodging.com/
McMark
I'm talking with the GGR autocross head about possibilities with using the Marina venue. At last communication, I need to contact the venue owner to see what availability is and what it would take to run a private event.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 15 2011, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2011, 11:17 AM) *

I promise free advise on any subject to everyone who shows up at the WCR.

Cheers, Elliot

Does that include the mindset of a woman?

Anything!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 16 2011, 08:52 PM) *

I'm talking with the GGR autocross head about possibilities with using the Marina venue. At last communication, I need to contact the venue owner to see what availability is and what it would take to run a private event.

Great news Mark!
ConeDodger
GGR, LPR, AAR, UFO all run events at that venue. I am probably even missing a few. I would bet even if we cannot get GGR to run a private event for us, we can piggyback on someone elses event and just cook up our own results...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 17 2011, 07:55 PM) *

GGR, LPR, AAR, UFO all run events at that venue. I am probably even missing a few. I would bet even if we cannot get GGR to run a private event for us, we can piggyback on someone elses event and just cook up our own results...

04 at Candlestick was a PCA event. They let us join in for a fee.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 21 2011, 12:49 PM) *

We did the first one here in the Bay Area in 2004...

_some_ of us remember the Santa Maria event in 2000 and the Reno event is 2002 ...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 18 2011, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 21 2011, 12:49 PM) *

We did the first one here in the Bay Area in 2004...

_some_ of us remember the Santa Maria event in 2000 and the Reno event is 2002 ...

This is a reference to 914 club (morph'd to World). event. There were 72 cars at the 2004 event.
strawman
I just accepted a new job in SLO, so I can help with --but not lead! -- WCR 2012. I'm going to be very busy the first six months or so with the new position, so I'm probably still not going to have my Suby-powered 914 done mad.gif Who's going to lead this thing???
rick 918-S
QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 20 2011, 12:59 AM) *

I just accepted a new job in SLO, so I can help with --but not lead! -- WCR 2012. I'm going to be very busy the first six months or so with the new position, so I'm probably still not going to have my Suby-powered 914 done mad.gif Who's lead going to lead this thing???

Remember, there are 24 hours in a day. beerchug.gif GITTERDONE!
markb
QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 19 2011, 10:59 PM) *

I just accepted a new job in SLO, so I can help with --but not lead! -- WCR 2012. I'm going to be very busy the first six months or so with the new position, so I'm probably still not going to have my Suby-powered 914 done mad.gif Who's lead going to lead this thing???

Make sure to let us SLO locals know when you get here, so we can welcome you properly. beerchug.gif drunk.gif
strawman
QUOTE(markb @ Dec 20 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Make sure to let us SLO locals know when you get here, so we can welcome you properly. beerchug.gif drunk.gif

The job starts on January 30th, but I plan to trailer my 914 to a storage place in Paso on January 3rd. My daughter and I will move into an apt. the week of January 23rd, and my wife will join us after our house in Davis sells. I'll post when we get settled so that I can enjoy a beer or two with fellow 914World folks!

Geoff
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 20 2011, 06:26 PM) *

The job starts on January 30th, but I plan to trailer my 914 to a storage place in Paso on January 3rd. My daughter and I will move into an apt. the week of January 23rd, and my wife will join us after our house in Davis sells. I'll post when we get settled so that I can enjoy a beer or two with fellow 914World folks!

Geoff

Congrats dude!

BTW, I don't think your wife needs to be in the house to sell it... Unless she's HOT! humpy.gif
matthepcat
Found a real job in SLO?? Lucky!

I would move back there in a second, if there was a decent paying job available.

Congrats.

QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 20 2011, 05:26 PM) *

Geoff

ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 20 2011, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 20 2011, 06:26 PM) *

Geoff

Congrats dude!

BTW, I don't think your wife needs to be in the house to sell it... Unless she's HOT! humpy.gif

She's a teacher Mike. Probably finishing out the school year?
McMark
Geoff, why don't you drive that trailer over to Sonoma instead. happy11.gif

Still haven't heard back from the AX venue. But at this point, I expect it'll be early Jan before anything real starts happening.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 20 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Geoff, why don't you drive that trailer over to Sonoma instead. happy11.gif

Still haven't heard back from the AX venue. But at this point, I expect it'll be early Jan before anything real starts happening.

Pretty much everybody in PCA Zone 7 will have a planning meeting in late January. Sierra Nevada Region will be on the 20th. No one will know their schedules till after that date. They will only know 'proposed' schedules... Loma Prieta Region uses it most with Yosemite right behind them I think... Competition Chair or Director depending on what the region calls it will know the proposed schedule as they are the ones doing the proposal. Contact Dennis Hale from UFO as well. He is the competition dude for the Datsun club UFO. They use that site as well and I am sure he wouldn't mind the extra income if they were on our proposed weekend.
The basic thing with any PCA autocross event now is that anyone can enter. If they are not members, they purchase a daily membership for $10 more. So a $30 entry becomes $40 and so forth...
ConeDodger
Everyone in the club is a volunteer. Please be nice to us.

President and Historian: Dennis Hale: dhale_510@yahoo.calm

COO, Newsletter Editor and The Final Word on Things: Peggy Hale - peggy_hale_510@yahoo.calm

Vice-President - Scott Smith: turboz@gmail.calm

Dennis and Peggy's phone number is eight31.336.244four

The UFO Mailing Address:

NorCal UFO
8683 Glen Arbor Rd.
Ben Lomand, Ca 95005

Here is their contact info: I changed a couple things to prevent bots harvesting their email and phone numbers but you'll figure that out. Their schedule is already out through March, in fact they have an autocross on January 1st!!!
biosurfer1
WHAT?!?!? We got to listen and watch your subi 914 being built and now when you're close, you're moving away??

Talk about having to watch the cow get slaughtered and not getting to enjoy the filet!

Good luck with the new job, love the area and so do my parents:)

Chris Pincetich
914s are always welcome to show up at PCA LPR races. LPR and UFO host the most races at Marina. LPR AX used to be led or co-led by 914 guru Bill C. His street legal yellow teener had taken TTOD there once. It now sports a 2.3L TIV. I've been waiting for an update to his 13" wheel conversion thread at AXPaddock.com beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 20 2011, 08:40 PM) *

914s are always welcome to show up at PCA LPR races. LPR and UFO host the most races at Marina. LPR AX used to be led or co-led by 914 guru Bill C. His street legal yellow teener had taken TTOD there once. It now sports a 2.3L TIV. I've been waiting for an update to his 13" wheel conversion thread at AXPaddock.com beerchug.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

LPR is a great venue.
EdwardBlume

Renting the site would likely include a "club" existence. Insurance is definitely required and procedures for safety especially given its a working airport.

The 2004 event was a double up with GGR where we brought the LPR trailer to the GGR event and paid a premium to tip GGR and pay LPR for use of the site and equipment. It was also the PartsHeaven swap weekend.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 21 2011, 07:57 AM) *

Renting the site would likely include a "club" existence. Insurance is definitely required and procedures for safety especially given its a working airport.

The 2004 event was a double up with GGR where we brought the LPR trailer to the GGR event and paid a premium to tip GGR and pay LPR for use of the site and equipment. It was also the PartsHeaven swap weekend.

Yep, that made it work. We did not need a club designation or event insurance. agree.gif
McMark
This is definitely the hard part of planning the event. I just got contact info for the venue and will craft and send an email out this week. We'll see what's required.
Chris Pincetich
FYI - the "914 Shoot Out" that was organized several years ago simply piggy-backed on a LPR AX race at Marina. 914 guys just kept track of our own standings, parked in the same spot, and the PCA trailer printed "our" results at the end of the day. Win-win as LPR pockets all the entry fees and hosts a big event, while 914s simply arrive and drive at a PCA event.
beerchug.gif
No, I will not join an organizing committee. dry.gif
malaga_red75
Can we try and avoid the weekend of may 19,20? I am graduating college that weekend and I really wanted this year to be my first WCR!!

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 22 2011, 01:16 PM) *

FYI - the "914 Shoot Out" that was organized several years ago simply piggy-backed on a LPR AX race at Marina. 914 guys just kept track of our own standings, parked in the same spot, and the PCA trailer printed "our" results at the end of the day. Win-win as LPR pockets all the entry fees and hosts a big event, while 914s simply arrive and drive at a PCA event.
beerchug.gif

I don't remember but is Pca membership a req now?
computers4kids

Awesome...we go through SLO pretty often--almost all of my family is over there. I grew-up in San Luis and spent my first career in that area. You will love it there! When you get settled, drop me a line and we can connect. I drive the teener over to the Coast once in a while. driving.gif
Mark
strawman
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Dec 23 2011, 09:24 PM) *

Awesome...we go through SLO pretty often--almost all of my family is over there. I grew-up in San Luis and spent my first career in that area. You will love it there! When you get settled, drop me a line and we can connect. I drive the teener over to the Coast once in a while. driving.gif
Mark

Will do Mark. I still owe you lunch for driving me up to Tahoe for WCR2010!
Geoff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 23 2011, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 22 2011, 01:16 PM) *

beerchug.gif

I don't remember but is Pca membership a req now?

It is a requirement at all PCA events due to PCA insurance but they now have a 'daily membership' option that is $10 more than the entry, so $30 becomes $40... Membership is a great value though. Even if you never do anything with the club you get Panorama.
jim_hoyland
Do we have a date selected, and a site ?
JRust
agree.gif Any word on WCR yet?
euro911
popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
Hoping we can get a date so plans can be made early
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 8 2012, 08:41 AM) *

Hoping we can get a date so plans can be made early

My son is getting married in May so a date would be helpful. Good work so far.
RoadGlue
I am getting married June 9th, so that weekend may not work for me. But maybe she would be cool with me skipping out on the wedding for the wcr. I mean, you you have to establish what your priorities are early on, right? wink.gif
NORD

Has there ever been a WEDDING at the WCR?

This could be a first. Saturday Night Party hosted by the Brides Father

driving.gif

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 8 2012, 09:41 AM) *

Has there ever been a WEDDING at the WCR?

This could be a first. Saturday Night Party hosted by the Brides Father

driving.gif

Too cool ! first.gif
euro911
I don't know about any weddings, but it seems that there have been plenty of divorces associated with the amount of time some have spent working on their 914s sad.gif
greenie
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 8 2012, 09:25 AM) *

I am getting married June 9th, so that weekend may not work for me. But maybe she would be cool with me skipping out on the wedding for the wcr. I mean, you you have to establish what your priorities are early on, right? wink.gif

You need to lay down the rules of the game early with the new wifey!

You wear the pants in the family.

That's how I've always rolled.

montoya 73 2.0
Thats how the Sarge General has allowed you to roll! biggrin.gif KMA.gif

Edit: Oh damn, I demoted her!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 8 2012, 11:45 AM) *

OK, then why is the wifey called The General ?
914_teener
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Thats how the Sarge has allowed you to roll! biggrin.gif KMA.gif

Wow...must be catching. I am getting married this year.....(again)

Yes the 914 survived with me.....and it rolls.

New fiancee loves it ....drives it (better than I do) goes on all the events.

So I quess that means we both wear pants.. piratenanner.gif

I hope to be in Monterrey when this event happens....would love to see some of you folks in the 914 "World"

Don't know if I can help.... keep us posted.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 8 2012, 02:42 PM) *

Because he is called the President.
Mike Bellis
I'll be happy with any date if I can get my car going by then...
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 8 2012, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 8 2012, 02:42 PM) *

Because he is called the President.

Nice thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.