Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vent controls Which cable is which?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I'm putting the dash back together and can't remember which cable goes where. I think the cable that goes to the center blower box goes to the one on top. The cable that controls the passenger side goes in the middle and the one for the driver side goes on the bottom control arm. Is this correct?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
r_towle
Top lever is for fresh air, on and off and the fresh air fan.
Middle is for warm air distribution...
Bottom one is for mixing fresh air and warm air throught the same vent.

rich
LotusJoe
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 27 2011, 01:55 PM) *

Top lever is for fresh air, on and off and the fresh air fan.
Middle is for warm air distribution...
Bottom one is for mixing fresh air and warm air throught the same vent.

rich

Thanks Rich, I just don't know which cable goes where on the control switch confused24.gif
r_towle
one cable opens up the main center box...follow it.
That is the top one.

One cable opens up both ofthe side valves you see under the hood, but it opens them for hot air mixing between upper dash vents and lower foot vents.
That is the middle valve.

The lower cable opens the same side valves, but it lets cold air in from the freshair box into those valves.

Rich
LotusJoe
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 27 2011, 03:17 PM) *

one cable opens up the main center box...follow it.
That is the top one.

One cable opens up both ofthe side valves you see under the hood, but it opens them for hot air mixing between upper dash vents and lower foot vents.
That is the middle valve.

The lower cable opens the same side valves, but it lets cold air in from the freshair box into those valves.

Rich

Thanks again Rich. Got it all hooked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.