Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did anybody look over this prototype 914/6 at Rennsport?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcd914
Click to view attachment

It looked like a very nice but 'ordinary' 914/6 until you read the card and looked close.

Click to view attachment

I tried to get pictures of the drain holes under the wiper pivots but just got blurs.

Love the picture with the kids climbing on it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Same car or did Porsche just have one plate that they passed around ? confused24.gif
nathansnathan
I saw that car at the G&R swapmeet in Riverside last year. Crazy the bit about the spot welds, though there's probably not even 1 per inch on my 914.

Here's an old thread that shows it some during its restoration.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=97925
sean_v8_914
thank god they went lighter on the spot welds
jaxdream
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 2 2011, 03:27 AM) *

Same car or did Porsche just have one plate that they passed around ? confused24.gif

In the top pic , there seems to be a square cutout in the frt hood for fueling . Am I seeing that or some kind of reflection of something???

Jack
sean_v8_914
oh yea. I see that on the rd car but I don't see it in the open hood photo... interesting.
that square is not where I think of finding the fuel filler neck
nathansnathan
It's definitely a different car. The top of the wheel well has an odd shape, a flat spot on top on the red one, and an odd location for the plate.
IPB Image
The orange one the wheel wells look normal.
IPB Image
Here's another s-m 2383 plate, this one could be that car?
IPB Image
and another from that shoot (can't find a proper jpg to put as an image)
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/at...mp;d=1276693283
twash
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Nov 2 2011, 07:25 AM) *

It's definitely a different car. The top of the wheel well has an odd shape, a flat spot on top on the red one, and an odd location for the plate.

The orange one the wheel wells look normal.

Here's another s-m 2383 plate, this one could be that car?

and another from that shoot (can't find a proper jpg to put as an image)

914-6 0011 is part protype, car used as assembly test/work load pre production car, has many protype parts, rear view mirror, under dash pull bracket for possible gas cap release in hood,sold by porsche for off road use, was a euro car so could not be sold by porsche in USA for street use ( used in racing to promote 914-6 in scca), engine is full race twin plug only 914-6 to have full set of matching #'s on body,engine,trans. #'s end in 0011
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 2 2011, 12:27 PM) *

Porsche often used the same license plate on different cars

sixnotfour
Roadglue has a thread about the resto;
http://www.914world.com/roadglue/forum/showthread.php?t=485
Zimms
Excellence did a feature on it in issue #187, November 2010 as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.