Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vertical Pads Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Hey guys,

So I am in the process of reattaching the rear window glass since it rattles. But kinda stuck at the vertical targa pads. After removing lower screw and 17mm bolt for the seat belt winder, it still wants to stick on there. There is a plastic hook on it. Am I supposed to take it off to remove the pad or it comes off with the pad? How do you take the hook off the pad? Asking prior to break something.
Click to view attachment
Thanks in advance!

kkid smile.gif

nathansnathan
There is a plastic cover on the hook. Get a small screwdriver under it at the bottom, between it and the vertical, and pry it up and off. There is a phillips screw holding the hook on and the vertical to the rollbar.
kkid
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Nov 2 2011, 09:56 AM) *

There is a plastic cover on the hook. Get a small screwdriver under it at the bottom, between it and the vertical, and pry it up and off. There is a phillips screw holding the hook on and the vertical to the rollbar.

Thanks nathansnathan,

Will try!
kkid
QUOTE(kkid @ Nov 2 2011, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Nov 2 2011, 09:56 AM) *

Thanks nathansnathan,

Will try!

I got the thing off!
Click to view attachment
Now moving onto horizontal pad. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif
mepstein
Make sure to get ALL the phillip head screws on the horizontal pad. Use a good screwdriver and take your time. Then carefully work the pad off by hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.