Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shudder on accelleration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
1976 - 2.0

Just got the car back together, new clutch plate, pressure plate, T/O bearing, flywheel, terry cable, bushings and engine re-build...Pedal play is 1/2 to 3/4 inch...

When I shift, I get momentary shudder in all gears (more pronounced in 1st, 2nd, lees in 3rd, less in 4th hardly noticeable in 5th) and the car lacks all it's power...

Valves are adjusted correctly, F/I seems to be correct, no vacuum leaks that I can find...

Any thoughts ???

2-OH!
Joe Ricard
Dribbeling injector.
Andyrew
So its the engine that shutters? Or something else?

If its something else, it could be the half shafts.... I know the 944 turbo "shutters" when its under large load.

Andrew
McMark
Motor mounts. wink.gif
ematulac
I agree with Mark: check the motor/transmission mounts.

Mine is doing the same thing. When the shudder occurs, the shift lever also 'bounces' around, and the gas pedal seems to push itself in. The first time it happened I thought the car was possessed. unsure.gif

I just received some new mounts from JWest Engineering and am planning on replacing the old ones this week. I'll let you know if it fixes things.
Brad Roberts
Motor and or tranny mounts.

Use 911 sport mounts in the rear for the tranny... 49.95

B
2-OH!
Can you look at the mounts and tell if they are good, bad or indiffererent...While I had the motor out, I cleaned and inspected the mounts...They look good, feel solid, no cracks or disbonding, not oil soaked...They feel solid...

How do you test/check em'...

2-OH!
SirAndy
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Aug 5 2004, 12:19 PM)
How do you test/check em'...

have someone put car in gear and disenage the clutch while you watch the engine.
if the mounts are shot, it'll *jump* when it get's it's first hit of power ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.