Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAF Ventura 9/11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Howard
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 1 2004, 03:51 PM)
Howard I'll be in the LA area that weekend is that a good place to stay for the GAF.
Count me in for lunch coming from Atlanta

Bob

Bob, sent you a PM but no response. Please get in touch..
Sammy
For Saturday It's possible that I may be able to work it out so I might be a maybe. blink.gif

I'm there sunday, prolly can't do saturday unless I get there in the evening. Even that is going to take some serious weasel impersonating. givemebeer.gif
Allan
Hey Slits, the oil I'm talking about comes from the Naval Reserve which is shallow, light and "SWEET"! Easy to get! But anyway, I think I'll be there on Saturday because unless they are selling little stuff like seals, bolts, etc. I got no reason. I would rather meet you. You are going to be there right? happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 2 2004, 03:41 PM)
Hey Slits........I got no reason. I would rather meet you. You are going to be there right? wub.gif

sounds like a bad pick up line to me.... unsure.gif laugh.gif
Allan
wink.gif Really looks lame? U sure?
Allan
Okay I'm there on Saturday!! Howard, If you can convince my wife to stay,and you think there is something of value at the swap we and (I=MY ASS)!! will be there. If not I will get the opportunity to meet at least some of the 914 club members. That is more important to me than anything else. biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Just recently found out I will be home that weekend. Count me in for lunch. Do they have a Chinese restaurant there?
Cheers, Elliot
gopack
I'm green with envy. not only is my car up on jackstands in a thousand peices,, but im the only one any where near me. you guys have such a great thing going there in Cali!. think of all of us 914 owners scattered about the country and tip one back for me! beer.gif

MARK
Joe Bob
Who has the Motel 6 number...need to make a reservation......
markb
Here ya go....

Motel 6 Ventura Beach
2145 East Harbor Boulevard, US Route 101 at the Seaward
Avenue Exit, Ventura, California, United States, 93001
805-643-5100
1-800-466-8356
carreraguy
Yep - thats quite a commute from Santa Barbara to Ventura! Right Mike? wink.gif
Joe Bob
Even longer when they pull ya over on the Rincon after a few cocktails..... bootyshake.gif
Allan
Okay, it's Monday and the weekend is gonna get here quick. Just need to know details on meeting up for lunch on Saturday. How will we know who's who? Is there a specific location at the hotel? Should I wear a red rose on my lapel so you'll know I'm there for the 914 stuff? biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 6 2004, 08:18 AM)
Okay, it's Monday and the weekend is gonna get here quick. Just need to know details on meeting up for lunch on Saturday. How will we know who's who? Is there a specific location at the hotel? Should I wear a red rose on my lapel so you'll know I'm there for the 914 stuff? biggrin.gif

I understand all the teeners are parking together at GAF so should be easy. Made up some darling little 914 logo nametags, but you will need to write your name on them biggrin.gif

We'll be easy to find because 914 owners:
Are Assholes
Are Loud and Crass
Smell different than 911 Owners
Allan
Okay so I'll just follow the odors and cussing. Thanks!
Brad Roberts
Just when I thought we where making some headway.. getting respect and all from the Porsche crowd..I'm quickly reminded who we "really" are... laugh.gif laugh.gif

B
bernbomb914
you could really renforce your image and color your hair. I dont think that has been done. or has it Brad?

Bernie smoke.gif smoke.gif
Brad Roberts
Cant color my hair this time.. I'll be "business professional" this go around.

B
Howard
icon_bump.gif
Looks like we'll have a pretty good Teener Turnout (didn't she used to sing with Ike?).
Lunch list for Saturday.
Anyone Else? Anyone on list not coming?

Brad
Slits Don't forget the Tequila!
Toast
Gint
Drew365
Phantom914 (2)
Jenny (2)
MikeZ
Joe Sharp (2)
Bernbomb
MarkB (2)
CampbellJC
acox914
BigKat83 (2) Coming from Atlanta!!
Headrage (2)
Elliot Cannon
CarreraGuy (2)
Otto (.5)
phantom914
Howie,

Put me down for two. I'll be bringin' the missus.

Andrew
carreraguy
Howard:

Please add Tom Trudell (2)

Thanks
otto
As long as Miles or Eric don't show up, count me in plus one.
bernbomb914
there will be 2 in my party
Thanks Bernie
Aaron Cox
im a maybe still.... sad.gif
Mueller
damn.....I'll be "swimming" down in Florida this weekend.....at least some of my parts will be down there for display, go visit Ira @ Tarett Engineering (shameless plug smile.gif )

Brad, going to take the billet hubs down for show-n-tell???
Howard
As of 9/7 2:50pm CA

Looks like we'll have a pretty good Teener Turnout (didn't she used to sing with Ike?).
Lunch list for Saturday.

Brad
Toast
Gint
Drew365
Phantom914 (2)
Jenny (2)
MikeZ
Joe Sharp (2)
Bernbomb (2)
MarkB (2)
CampbellJC
acox914 (it could happen)
BigKat83 (2) Coming from Atlanta!!
Headrage (2)
Elliot Cannon
CarreraGuy (2)
Otto (.5)
bondo
My wife Julie and I are going to try to make it, we will be coming down from Cambria at around 10:00... we may be a bit late. We won't have a 914, but we'll have maybe half a 914 (a van full of parts to sell at the GAF swap)
mightyohm
My girlfriend and I are going with bondo and Julie. If they make it, we probably will.
Mike D.
OK...so really...Is anyone going to be there on Sunday? huh.gif

-Mike D.
Cap'n Krusty
Wear yer buyin' shoes, 'cause The Cap'n and Mark'll be draggin' 2 vans fulla good stuff to the Sunday swap meet, ALL of which will be under priced. Those of you who know me are prolly aware I am willing to deal on nearly anything. We're packing tomorrow and Thursday, so if you want anything in particular, let us know. I dunno precisely where we'll be setting up, but we have 4 spaces at the end of a row. Look for The Cap'n's old orange '73 thunderbus, now driven by Mark, and his white Vanagon. The Cap'n, hisownself
markb
Thunderbus, hmmm, I like that. The Bus has a new name..... smile.gif
Duffster
i'm in.
JoeSharpOld
/L driving-girl.gif is still working on the interion, But today she picked up her Optmia and a small bottle of Cazadores wub.gif (1.75 ml). You don't think we can consume that do you? wink.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif I should drive the motor home to lunch. idea.gif
Joe
Howard
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 7 2004, 06:43 AM)
Lunch list for Saturday.

Brad
Toast
Gint
Drew365
Phantom914 (2)
Jenny (2)
MikeZ
Joe Sharp (2)
Bernbomb
MarkB (2)
CampbellJC
acox914
BigKat83 (2) Coming from Atlanta!! Make that Athens.
Headrage (2)
Elliot Cannon
CarreraGuy (2)
Otto (.5)
Duffster

Last Call: On another note, Los Robles Greens, 30 miles S of Ventura has a Friday night party 5pm to 10pm. Choice of really good tri-tip, shrimp, or chicken dinner Outdoor BBQ $5. Cheapo drafts and well drinks, live entertainment, etc. A 914 kinda deal.

Marianne and I will be there if anyone wants to stop by. Take 101 South (east) to Moorpark Road exit. Turn right, follow the signs.
mightyohm
bondo(2)
jkeyzer(2)
BIGKAT_83
Sounds like my kind of place. Cheap beer and $5 plates............

CYA...........Friday night
andys
Howard,

Don't suggest to derail your effort, but why drive 10 miles south and break up the middle of the day at GAF? Ventura has no shortage of restaurants darned near walking distance. Also, it would seem to me that a dinner thing after the show would be better suited to a 10 mile drive. Please don't mistake my input; it falls under "you can't please everyone" , but I was just wondering.
If I show, it will be with wife and child in tow.

Andy
Howard
Andy, actually there will be food served at the fairgrounds and it's usually pretty good. But Casa is another issue. We are holding WCC 2005 there next April and what started out as a planning session there for the 2005 crew, several other people wanted to check it out. You're more than welcome, but your call.
markb
Well, Marcie & I are going to hit the road in a couple hours for GAF. Gonna stay at the Motel 6 at Seaward. We hope to get to the dinner tonight at Los Robles Greens. If anybody wants to get ahold of me this weekend my cell is 805 712-4675. See y'all down there.
SLITS
I've got my Tequila (Gran Centenario se Aneja) - have you got yours?
JoeSharpOld
Yep! 1.75 L de Cazadores. And I'll be happy to share. drunk.gif
Joe
SLITS
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 10 2004, 02:24 PM)
Yep! 1.75 L de Cazadores. And I'll be happy to share. drunk.gif
Joe

Fine with me, as long as you bolted the seat down in your teener unsure.gif
Howard
Filled up a sparkletts bottle with some shit a guy was selling off the back of his truck. Don't come crying to me when you run out of your expensive stuff beerchug.gif

This is turning into WCC 2003.5 smilie_pokal.gif Where's the Chinese restaurant? Did anyone call the suck for a buck girl?
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 10 2004, 02:46 PM)
Filled up a sparkletts bottle with some shit a guy was selling off the back of his truck. Don't come crying to me when you run out of your expensive stuff beerchug.gif

This is turning into WCC 2003.5 smilie_pokal.gif Where's the Chinese restaurant? Did anyone call the suck for a buck girl?

Yea, but your's is watered down (peeing smilie)

At the Chinese Restaurant they all have moustaches and wear sombreros.

Uhhhhh, the "suck for a buck" girls are standing just outside the Chinese Restaurant.

WCC2003 wasn't as good as this. Nothing like Tequila barf.gif at 3 AM to get the party rolling burnout.gif

Shit Howard, you might even step on the gas in the Whale laugh.gif
Dr Evil
I think that I am going on Sun for the swap meet. Anyone in San Diego wanna caravan?
-Mike
Steve
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 11 2004, 10:43 AM)
I think that I am going on Sun for the swap meet. Anyone in San Diego wanna caravan?
-Mike

I'm going to swap meet from Laguna Niguel.
Let me know if anyone is heading up I-5 to the 405 and I will join you.

Steve
bernbomb914
Thanks Howard Great lunch at a very nice spot on the bay It will make a good location for the 05 WWC over 30 people showed up to a very nice time.
Thanks again

Bernie
Aaron Cox
im so bummed...post pics
Allan
Just got back. It was great. Had lunch with about 15 club members overlooking the marina. Excellent! I have some pics of the cars at the GAF but my D#$n usb cable for the camera is at the office. Lots of nice cars. I wish there was a better 914 presence though. Out of maybe 130 cars? only a dozen or so 914's were there. I got a thrill though when the judges came by and stuck a ribbon on the Maltese Falcons car. That was really cool plus he has a really nice car. smilie_pokal.gif I will post my pics as soon as I can get to the office and get that Freekin cable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.