Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Way OT: Funny thing happened on the way home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I like playing golf up at the Resort At The Mountain in Welches. It's halfway up to Mt. Hood here in Orygun. I took a back way home to look for deer & elk or whatever else might cross my path. I began seeing a brown, wide mark going down the road & thought WTH? As I continued I started seeing smoke. Actually it was quite a bit. My first thought was a forest fire. I rounded a turn and just turning into a driveway was a tow truck pulling a 40 foot fit tree. rolleyes.gif He had drug that tree about a mile & the friction had set it on fire laugh.gif Apparently he was gonna use it for fire wood... can't much blame him cuz the road crews just cut the fallen trees away from the road in the winter & leave them. If he were to buck it up where it layed he'd prolly get fined or arrested for stealing BLM trees. He still took a chance but it was funny to see a wrecker skiddin a bigass tree down the road! beerchug.gif

.......b
(wished I'd a had the camera) <_<
Brad Roberts
Mr. Camera... didnt have his camera ?? Then why where you "looking" for deer/elk.. whatever crossed your path ??

B
GWN7
It's hard to look thru a scope at deer or elk and use a camera. wink.gif Golf bags make good gun cases. biggrin.gif
mskala
Partial hijack alert biggrin.gif

Today I saw what must have been a mid-80's Camaro with
a body kit like an Avanti (of course didn't have my camera
either or the time to get a pic as it crossed by). ?!?
Joe Bob
Bet he had a LARGE spotlight though.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.