Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal switch rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
basenji7
I had my turn signal/light switch out and a piece fell out. Does anyone have any idea where this piece fits back in?

Thanks,
darryl
JoeSharpOld
Darryl: I just had one of those in my hands and I have no pictures, but check this out. The hole in it gose through one of the screws that hold the switch to the steering colum body, the tab( that you can see in the picture just below the hole) will insert into the plastic body of either the wipper or trun signal switches. Theres only 8 ways it can go on.
Good Luck.
Joe
basenji7
Joe,

Each one of those four screws have a collar in there. The collars never came out of place. i was working the levers and it seamed like it popped out from the inside.

I think i understand what u r saying but i don't c how that could be bcuz of the collars. it would have never been able to fit in through the path of those 4 screws unless it was at the very top by the head of the screw or on the opposite end.

am i missing something???

thanks.... darryl
SLITS
If it comes apart, innumerable small springs and copper contacts come out. Don't even try to repair it. When they put it together there is a snap tab that holds the assembly together - Once broken, it's finished ( I spent three hours trying to get one back together).

I haven't seen the objects you imaged in any of the assemblies - but I could take one apart for the fun of it .

Tell me which one it is - I have used spares and will send one to you.
basenji7
Slits,

it's a '74 2.0L and the number on the back of 1 of the switches is SWF HLS 71 SAE QB 71

thx....darryl.....
gklinger
Had the same thing happen to me. Consensus at the time was don't worry about it. So I didn't - put it back together without it - and everything's been fine. YMMV confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&hl=turn+signal
Joe Ricard
I'm going to take a stab at it. I believe this is the lug for the horn lead. Brown and white wire that strings up the column.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 5 2004, 09:00 AM)
I'm going to take a stab at it. I believe this is the lug for the horn lead.

Not on a 74.... The 72+ (I think!) ones connect directly to a ring on the back of the horn button.

No idea what the part is, though.

--DD
914werke
If Im correct it the actuates the auto cancel.
The same thing happend to mine (73) and I didnt notice any change till later.
R. turns w/signal auto-cancels L. not. (or visa-versa)

What about the upgrade to the 924 stalk with the electric washer pump option?
Or is that the wrong stalk?
sfrenck
Well - for anyone else who may search this thread (as I did), here it the picture with the mysterious piece back in its correct location. Not sure what it does, but it definitely fits there.

Click to view attachment
Jmedeiros
Looks like it provides ground.
Bartlett 914
Without that ground making good connection, The wiper sometimes will wipe intermittently
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.