Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drivers door handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i won a set of door andles off the bay the other day. to replace my drivers door handle that broke (cracked and was floating around on the shaft!) and i take my door panels off (what a joy that is cool.gif ) and i go to install the new door handle- and it has a small crack that is in THE EXACT SAME SPOT!!!!!! mad.gif im not going to install a doorhandle that is about to break!!!!!

so my question is:
"does anyone have a DRIVERS doorhandle that they would like to trade for a passeger doorhandle or even 2 passenger doorhandles?"
Porsche Rescue
I believe the door handles are interchangeable. The only diffference is the shape of the corners, hardly noticeable.
Joe Bob
They ARE interchangeable.....but they are different, look close at the bottom. It is curved while the top is more of a 90 degree angle....

I have two marked "R" on the inside flap, BTW.....I believe they are the driver's side.
Joe Bob
See, these are both "R"....
Joe Bob
Crap....here is tis
URY914
I can fix the broken one if you want to send it to me.
need4speed
situations like these are why the good Lord invented JBWeld.

no? aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
In the mean time, i'm using my spare "R" as my drivers one. Ill send the goods back to the ebayer and ask for a new set or a refund.

I  can fix the broken one if you want to send it to me.

HOW? welding? would epoxy work ?
situations like these are why the good Lord invented JBWeld.

Is that similar to epoxy?
URY914
JB Weld won't fix it. I made two pieces of aluminum angle which fit in place of the bushings and act as a new and stronger mounting base.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 26 2003, 05:30 PM)
JB Weld won't fix it. I made two pieces of aluminum angle which fit in place of the bushings and act as a new and stronger mounting base.

whats it gonna cost me t' get it fixed? biggrin.gif
Lawrence
That mod is really cool. Curious, how long does it take you to repair one? Does it fit exactly into the old place with no changes to the door?

-Rusty
URY914
It takes a couple of hours to fix one. I charge $75.00 which includes shipping. If you want the plastic piece changed at the same time you buy it (Tweeks and Performance Products have them) and send it to me with the handle and I'll put it on at no addtional charge. biggrin.gif
Send me an email if you want to do it and I'll give you my address.

Paul driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.