Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check Aisle 9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bulitt
Next yr. will be selling a 1973 2.0 f.i engine with tins, computer and everything bolted to it. no heat exchangers. Keeping the trans.
Runs good but have no records of service or overhaul.
What would be a good price range?
Thanks!
jimkelly
you should do a compression test as most will ask this. if all cylinders are at about 125 psi and engine has none to minimal oil leakage and no pulled exhaust studs - i'll guess a decent asking price with FI is between $1000-$1500 ??? just having heads work to rebuild an engine can run this amount.
SD914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 7 2011, 05:35 PM) *

Next yr. will be selling a 1973 2.0 f.i engine with tins, computer and everything bolted to it. no heat exchangers. Keeping the trans.
Runs good but have no records of service or overhaul.
What would be a good price range?
Thanks!

Also consider that a 2.0 is a commodity and the most desired of all the engines. If the compression is @ 125 or above i would insist on no less than $1500. Make sure and clean it up because a little grease cleaner and paint on the tins can make for a faster sale.

Mike
914ltd
I agree with Jim and Mike, You have all the components to replace any engine, any year without having to buy anything but gaskets. Exhaust systems will bolt up to any 4 cylinder engine. This would be a great replacement for a tired 1.7 or 1.8 and would be far cheaper and likely better results than a rebuild. These are not terribly difficult engines to rebuild but the majority of "rebuilt engines" I have had brought to my shop are a mess.
Good runner with no exhaust stud or port problems other possible problems checked, $1500. minimum. Good luck, Brad
bulitt
Thanks Guys!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.