Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy for GPRBar! WE ARE ON!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Nov 30 2011, 07:48 PM) *
I remember back when you introduced these, and Andy brought up the same point. I am thinking that we could have a batch of stickers printed up that would make for easy indexing. Just a clear sticker with black or red hash-marks every 1/4 inch. Start from 0 in the center of the groove and count outward in both directions. This would allow the sticker to be used on both sides and make it easy to index the drop-link.

I like it! first.gif

Groupbuy? biggrin.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2011, 08:53 PM) *

I remember back when you introduced these, and Andy brought up the same point. I am thinking that we could have a batch of stickers printed up that would make for easy indexing. Just a clear sticker with black or red hash-marks every 1/4 inch. Start from 0 in the center of the groove and count outward in both directions. This would allow the sticker to be used on both sides and make it easy to index the drop-link.

I like it! first.gif

Groupbuy? biggrin.gif

Uhm.. I think my cheapie label maker could make that easily. Let me go look for it...

-- brett
nsr-jamie
I might be up for a set of those stickers. I have the same bar too but unfortunately have not installed it. My winter project is to pull the tank and clean up in there and do the front bar at the same time along with the rest of the suspension (bushings, Koni shocks and new springs)
bigkensteele
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2011, 08:53 PM) *

I like it! first.gif

Groupbuy? biggrin.gif

Looking into it. I have a cheapie label maker too, and it won't produce anything that I would want to put on my car. I am trying to work with a couple of printer vendors who can surely produce this, but might also be able to solve our VIN sticker issue. If anything comes of it, I will make a grand announcement. beerchug.gif
bfrymire
Here's what my cheapie label maker can do...

Click to view attachment
maf914
My bar arrived last night. Thanks Jonathan! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Nov 30 2011, 10:29 PM) *

Couple-o-suggestions ...

- Space the numbers out more. The bolt itself is already wider than one of your sections.

- Start with 0 in the middle and go up each way. 5 should be enough.

Like so:

5   |   4   |   3   |   2   |   1   |   0   |   1   |   2   |   3   |   4   |   5  

popcorn[1].gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2011, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(bfrymire @ Nov 30 2011, 10:29 PM) *

Couple-o-suggestions ...

- Space the numbers out more. The bolt itself is already wider than one of your sections.

- Start with 0 in the middle and go up each way. 5 should be enough.

Like so:

5   |   4   |   3   |   2   |   1   |   0   |   1   |   2   |   3   |   4   |   5  

popcorn[1].gif

Yep, and easier to read. I just wanted to see if it would work. I will make a second attempt. When my bar arrives, I will see what fits and do another picture.

-- brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.