Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy for GPRBar! WE ARE ON!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hwgunner
OK, we are on for the group buy for the 19mm Hollow Adjustable GPRBar front sway bar. The bars will be $405.00 each, retail is $495.00, plus shipping (+ Tax in CA). THAT IS $90.00 off!! If you want one you can PM me or email me or call me at 805-550-8105. In all cases i will need the following information:

914World Username
Full name
Shipping address
Phone number
Email address
Method of payment (PP or CC)

I will send PP Invoices to the people that want to pay with paypal. Others can call me at 805-550-8105.

jonathan
hwgunner
Steve
If it was the 22mm bar I would be interested.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 11 2011, 04:23 PM) *

The 22mm bar would not be part of this deal. Sorry.
mepstein
I would buy one. thanks, mark
DNHunt
I would buy one

Dave
bigkensteele
I would be interested.

Ken
sww914
I installed one of these, nice part.
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 11 2011, 05:25 PM) *

Thank you Steve. I supose the fact that you were able to post means you are not bobbing up and down yet? I know you bob but I ment on the ocean. drunk.gif
John
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 11 2011, 04:23 PM) *

I would be too!
Valy
may buy one, depending on price (I'm cheap smile.gif )
jcambo7
I'm interested also depending on price. Cheap bastard I am.
Rand
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 11 2011, 06:25 PM) *

In a boat? How the hell are you lately??? Nice to see you posting.
Black22
Oh suuuuuurrrrreeee lure me in with a great price on a stock sway bar set-up and THEN announce a group buy for a 19mm!!!

Just kidding...I'm SUPER happy with mine! Good luck with the Group buy! Thanks again!!
EdwardBlume
I have one installed and its a really nice part.
McMark
I have a customer who might be interested.
computers4kids
P
QUOTE(Valy @ Nov 11 2011, 07:40 PM) *

may buy one, depending on price (I'm cheap smile.gif )

piratenanner.gif
no1uno
i'd be interested
sww914
We're supposed to leave tomorrow, waiting for the weather to clear and I'm finally bored enough to check in here and suffer some textual abuse.
914Bryan
I am interested. If you could post more details and kit costs. Im interested in seeing how the group purchase plays out...
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 12 2011, 09:07 AM) *

We're supposed to leave tomorrow, waiting for the weather to clear and I'm finally bored enough to check in here and suffer some textual abuse.

That wasn't abuse, that was LUUUUVVVVVVVV!

poke.gif
Harpo
Depending on the price I would be interested as well.

Thanks

David
hwgunner
Any other interest?? beerchug.gif
FourBlades

I have wanted one of these since they came out.

I like the color much better than the bright red others use.

Count me in!

John
zig-n-zag
Count me in as well.

Mahalo Jonathan for another smokin' hot deal!

hwgunner
Everyone has been counted so far. beer3.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Interested, can you give some reasons as to why one would want a 19mm vs larger?
abnrdo
I would be interested. More interested if it was a 22.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Nov 14 2011, 06:23 PM) *

Interested, can you give some reasons as to why one would want a 19mm vs larger?

Basically, the stickier the set up the bigger the bar you need to control it. If you have big power and wide tires and great suspension then a bigger bar is going to help keep things planted better than a small bar. That said, there is such a thing as overkill.

jonathan beerchug.gif
Thestigz06
Put me down as interested. I hope its cheap enough! HINT beerchug.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 14 2011, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Nov 14 2011, 06:23 PM) *

Basically, the stickier the set up the bigger the bar you need to control it. If you have big power and wide tires and great suspension then a bigger bar is going to help keep things planted better than a small bar. That said, there is such a thing as overkill.

jonathan beerchug.gif

Given that this bar is adjustable, can you say how far on the adjustment scale (ie. 1/2) would equate to a factory bar? I don't recall the diameter of the factory bar, but is this one much stiffer?

Thanks,
Ken
hwgunner
This bar will adjust from about 16.5mm to 21.5mm. That is a rough estimate. That means from just above the factory bar to almost as stiff as the 22mm bar set in the middle.
maf914
I would be interested, price dependent of course. Very nice looking product.

hwgunner
Almost there! I will have a price Friday based on the interest. beer.gif
BuddyV
OK..... I may be interested. Let's see the smoking' deal.

cheer.gif
MrHyde
Put me down for a "depending on price " as well..
Thanks!
arg
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 15 2011, 08:06 PM) *

Almost there! I will have a price Friday based on the interest. beer.gif

Put me down for one depending on price
Thanks
Tony G
edwin
i would be interested but price would be a big factor as i expect postage to Australia would be interesting.
billh1963
Put me down for one pending price.
Brett W
Might be interested depending on price. I may just build my own cockpit adjustable version.
matthepcat
Can you explain the benefit of this bar over say your standard Weltmeister bar? I only ask, becuase my car came with one not installed...and not sure if its any good.

Thanks
hwgunner
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 16 2011, 09:14 AM) *

Can you explain the benefit of this bar over say your standard Weltmeister bar? I only ask, becuase my car came with one not installed...and not sure if its any good.

Thanks

Both bars are adjustable. The GPRbar is much liter than the Welmeister bar is. the quality of componants on the GPRBar are much better than the Weltmeister bar also. IMHO!

jonathan
hwgunner
hwgunner
OK, we are on for the group buy. The bars will be $405.00 each plus shipping (+ Tax in CA). If you want one you can PM me or email me or call me at 805-550-8105. In all cases i will need the following information:

914World Username
Full name
Shipping address
Phone number
Email address
Method of payment (PP or CC)

I will send PP Invoices to the people that want to pay with paypal. Others can call me at 805-550-8105. beerchug.gif

jonathan
hwgunner driving.gif
FourBlades
Sweet!!! piratenanner.gif

That is a great deal.

John
hwgunner
Just sent PM's to the people who said they were interested. Anyone else???

jonathan
hwgunner beerchug.gif
DNHunt
Got my bar on Monday. It's really nice. I installed it today. I only had 2 problems. I needed to chase the threads in the in the nuts on the plate inside the wheel wells and I must have started my tap crooked cause I broke the tap off (all right I was careless and going too fast). It took about 2 hours to get it out and then another 45 minutes to find a replacement tap. Also there are some metal shims that are included in the kit but there is no mention of them in the instructions. They go on the bar ends to take up space so the arms fit tight.

Click to view attachment

Took it for a test drive. It's nice and quiet compared to the old Weltmeister.

Dave
FourBlades

Got mine last night.

It is a really nicely made unit, can't wait to install it.

Thanks for the great deal on these.

John
hwgunner
You guys are welcome. let me kow how things go and if you need any questions.

jonathan
hwgunner
SirAndy
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 30 2011, 04:11 PM) *

What about markers on the arms so you know exactly where to set it on each side?
It seems the only bar to have those is the SmartRacing bar ...

This is very helpful if you are in a time-crunch, like on the track or AX during run-sessions.
Makes it super easy to set the bar equal side to side.

idea.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2011, 04:16 PM) *

What about markers on the arms so you know exactly where to set it on each side?

This is very helpful if you are in a time-crunch, like on the track or AX during run-sessions.

idea.gif

SHARPIE! aktion035.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2011, 04:16 PM) *

idea.gif

I got mine the other night, and it is a thing of beauty.

I remember back when you introduced these, and Andy brought up the same point. I am thinking that we could have a batch of stickers printed up that would make for easy indexing. Just a clear sticker with black or red hash-marks every 1/4 inch. Start from 0 in the center of the groove and count outward in both directions. This would allow the sticker to be used on both sides and make it easy to index the drop-link. My crude illustration is below.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.