Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DrifterJay needs help!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
DrifterJay (Jared) brought his engine over today for me to take a look at and see if I could fix it. We thought since he over-revved the engine he may have bent a valve. Not so, pulled the valve covers and everything is working perfect. So we pulled the heads and I found the problem. He got a broken oil ring on the #3 cylinder and it ruined his new cylinder. So he now needs to locate a single 96mm piston, cylinder and rings for a 71mm crank. Anyone out there have one laying around??

He is begging and saying "Please, Please, Please!!!"
Red-Beard
Actually, I have 2 extra 96mm pistons and cylinders. I don't have the rings, but thhose should be easier to get.

James
bongo monkey
I had a similar problem a few months ago. I emailed the guys at aircooled.net and they hooked me up with a single 96mm piston and cylinder.

When I emailed them, they only had 96mm sets, but now they've started carrying singles, so you can get it from them if you can't find anyone with a spare.

Piston and Cylinder Not sure if it's for a 71mm crank... you might want to email the guys there about that.

Also, Just a single cast piston with a 71mm stroke.
DrifterJay
bump.. wink.gif
skline
Jared, I sent an email to James but have not got a reply yet. Did you send him one also??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.