Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cool914
I picked up a freshly rebuilt 2.0 engine awhile back but don't have much history on it. It seems it was set up for carbs and I will be using Djet and worried it could be a cam that will not be friendly to Djet. Is there any easy way to tell what cam I have, is there a marking on the end of them that I could see if i pulled the oil pump?

I dont want to intall it and set up the djet to test it out, I have a running 1.7 in for the meantime, rather break down the rebuilt to have a looksy over the winter, was going to do that anyway to make sure it looks all good (heads/pistion), but rather not split it if I don't have to. If i have to do that I will probably change it to a 2056 while I am there, and from what I have read a 9550 would be the way to go if so.

If anyone has a an extra mount for the 2.0 air box (the one that goes on the intakes) let me know, it's the one missing peice I need for the 20 setup.
thanks
Valy
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Nov 14 2011, 07:12 PM) *

I picked up a freshly rebuilt 2.0 engine awhile back but don't have much history on it. It seems it was set up for carbs and I will be using Djet and worried it could be a cam that will not be friendly to Djet. Is there any easy way to tell what cam I have, is there a marking on the end of them that I could see if i pulled the oil pump?

I dont want to intall it and set up the djet to test it out, I have a running 1.7 in for the meantime, rather break down the rebuilt to have a looksy over the winter, was going to do that anyway to make sure it looks all good (heads/pistion), but rather not split it if I don't have to. If i have to do that I will probably change it to a 2056 while I am there, and from what I have read a 9550 would be the way to go if so.

If anyone has a an extra mount for the 2.0 air box (the one that goes on the intakes) let me know, it's the one missing peice I need for the 20 setup.
thanks

Aftermarket cams are usually stamped on the end that's visible by removing the oil pump.
Cool914
QUOTE(Valy @ Nov 14 2011, 07:52 PM) *

thanks

Aftermarket cams are usually stamped on the end that's visible by removing the oil pump.

Thanks, do you know if original cams are marked?
Valy
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Nov 15 2011, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Valy @ Nov 14 2011, 07:52 PM) *

thanks

Not marked

Thanks, do you know if original cams are marked?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.