Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch Valve Stems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
So the local tire shop mounting my recent re-finished 14x5.5 Fuchs does not have the right vavle stem, luckily the owner checked on the installer's work and notice the the regular valve sem was not seated properly. So is there special valve stems for the 14" of Fuchs in general, or is it that the tire shop was not adequately supplied with the valve stems ??

I can see where the hole where the valve stem seats is especially thicker than the typical wheel. I should have taken a picture.

Anyone have any been there done that before comments ???

Thanks in advance

Ted
Valy
Mounted new tires and valves on my Fuch last year. The valve stems were regular ones.
Cairo94507
I would call Harvey Weidman with that question.
reharvey
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Nov 16 2011, 12:33 AM) *

So the local tire shop mounting my recent re-finished 14x5.5 Fuchs does not have the right vavle stem, luckily the owner checked on the installer's work and notice the the regular valve sem was not seated properly. So is there special valve stems for the 14" of Fuchs in general, or is it that the tire shop was not adequately supplied with the valve stems ??

I can see where the hole where the valve stem seats is especially thicker than the typical wheel. I should have taken a picture.

Thanks in advance

Ted

I have also had this problem and never did find a valve stem like the OEM type. It's very difficult to buy anything that will fit a hole that thick. What's the fix?
Speedster Mike
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(reharvey @ Nov 16 2011, 06:49 AM) *

Thanks in advance

Ted

I have also had this problem and never did find a valve stem like the OEM type. It's very difficult to buy anything that will fit a hole that thick. What's the fix?

I just installed 16'' fuchs....with new valve stems....no problems...regular valve stems!
reharvey

Thanks in advance

Ted

Yeah, I have later model Fuchs on my car that use reg. stems but the early wheels have a much thicker stem hole. So---does anybody have a solution?
maxwelj
Click to view attachment

You may already know this, but the 14" fuchs were originally fitted with tubes (at least mine were) however, they should be able to find valve stems that will fit OK These are mine with 195 /60 Dunlops fitted

pete000
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Nov 16 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Click to view attachment

You may already know this, but the 14" fuchs were originally fitted with tubes (at least mine were) however, they should be able to find valve stems that will fit OK These are mine with 195 /60 Dunlops fitted

The early Fuchs were designed for tubes and the valve hole is bigger. You need to use the correct dia valves. No bead lock on the rims either, but I hear thats not a big deal.
Drums66
......The stems are regular, but I'd get metal stems if possible idea.gif
popcorn[1].gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif(or at least the slip-on sheilds!)
913B
So what I read on pelican I need the TR415 stem. I tried the threaded metal version since it had the same diameter but it was not long enough going thru the wheel.

I'm going to have the tire shop try the rubber one tomorrow and let you'all know.

FYI, the regular valve stems do not fit.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
913B
So I tried the TR415, but there was no way the fat base stem was going to fit. I had to eventually use inner tubes for 4 of my 5 fuchs. Strangely one of the fuch the standard stem worked. Apparently they were produced different years. My only regret was not taking a picture of the hole and how the TR415 did not fit. I read somewhere NOT ALL TR415 was the same, oh great.

I will post some pics when I get my camera to work beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.