Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank, mine had no drain
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
Original tank with no way to drain except remove hose. I am going to be making new oil lines. I saw one of our guys that has put a "T" with a cap in line with the oil cooler. Has anyone added a drain plug to the tank? Tank is out of car now.
sixnotfour
Might as well add a level sender too.

it is not that easy to access the bottom of the tank behind the rocker. IMO
Krieger
Yea, it is kinda tite.
Krieger
This is the best I've seen so far. Somebody on this site had posted this a while ago.
GeorgeRud
I think that this is the reason that the original -6 configuration has a coupling to drain the tank.

It would be very hard to access a drain in the bottom of the tank as it's positioned in the fender well.
Steve
I also used an AN16 T on mine. I love his bracket though. I need to find a better way to fasten down my T. It moves around to much when I take the cap on and off. I also saw another post a while back of someone that used JB weld to install a quick drain in there T.
mskala
I know a lot of people convert to -AN.

But I bought new lines from Patrick Motorsports last year,
they are the old style except that both ends of the lines
are same. So they give you a coupler. See it in this pic.

Click to view attachment

So, if a coupler like that was available in a 'T' we would be
all set for draining. Anyone see anything like that?

Some would say just separate the lines with the big
wrenches for oil changes and keep it simple. But I have a
4-post lift and using large wrenches right there really sucks.
Scott S
I bought the same two factory style lines from Rich Johnson. We'll see how oil the oil changes go. I did cut out a replica of the factory hook that I will be welding on. Not sure if that extra support makes any difference....
mepstein
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 18 2011, 04:58 PM) *

I bought the same two factory style lines from Rich Johnson. We'll see how oil the oil changes go. I did cut out a replica of the factory hook that I will be welding on. Not sure if that extra support makes any difference....

Scotty B is putting a replica hook on mine. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.