Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine shelf installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
I struggled for a few hours trying to fit the passenger side engine shelf from RD today. I am afraid that my up & down measurement might have been off on the passenger side engine bar mount, causing these problems. headbang.gif

I really have no template to go off except the drivers side and the front and rear firewall sheet metal that holds the engine bay seal is gone so I have nothing to line up to. Here are my questions for someone who has done this before:

Does the passenger side get installed in the same fashion - perpendicular to the long until it reaches the suspension console...or does it slope down toward the center of the car?

Does the passenger side engine shelf rest on the top of the engine bar mount like the drivers side?

Thanks!
jaxdream
Bob , that piece is fairly flat on top ( horizonal ) until it turns on top of the engine mount and slopes down to the hell hole . Yes it does mount on top of the engine mount . I had to patch mine , here's a pic of mine ( not the best in the world , but an idea of what you may be wanting to see / know ) .

Jack

Click to view attachment
saigon71
Thanks Jack. With the help of your pic I was able to figure things out. The shelf needed to be "flattened out" a bit in the front. Additionally, I had previously welded in a new top section on the engine mount. The new section was a little higher in the front, amplified over the length of the engine shelf, it caused it to be quite a bit higher at the front firewall. Adjusted the top of the engine mount with a big hammer. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Bob

jaxdream
piratenanner.gif Bob , that looks great !!!!! piratenanner.gif The shelf is just spoted / tacked along the edge of it on top of the long , engine mount , suspension mount , and the piece that you don't have installed. Keep up the good work !!!!

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.