Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the best product for blacking out wheel wells?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
What is the best product for blacking out wheel wells. Any tips on how to prep the surface or otherwise get the job done would be awesome to!
Mike Bellis
Rattle can would work, touch up yearly.

Blast and clean and have Line-x spray on. Never worry about in again.
Tom_T
Most were/are done with body undercoating - pro spray or rattle can - so that you get some rock/chip protection under there. Most dealers offered it as an option from them, even here in sunny SoCal.

Mine was "blacked-out" & undercoated black by the dealer, and I personally prefer the blacked-out wheel well look vs. the paint color wheel wells - especially with the bright look wheels of the Alloys, chromies, & even silver painted.
Eric_Shea
Wurth.
SUNAB914
If there is shiney paint, you may need to rough it up with sand paper first or it will peel again.
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 22 2011, 12:13 AM) *

Wurth.

agree.gif
LotusJoe
I've been using Wurth undercoating spray for a couple years on both street and race cars and am very happy with the results. Prep is minimal, goes on easy.

Click to view attachment

If you shop it hard you can get it down to under 9 bucks a can. I think the last case I bought was about 6.75 a can, but I know the Wurth rep.

Line-x is really good but it takes a lot of prep. I line-x'ed the entire inside and underside of my Lotus and very please with how it turned out.

Click to view attachment

ezbngreen914
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Nov 22 2011, 03:10 PM) *

I've been using Wurth undercoating spray for a couple years on both street and race cars and am very happy with the results. Prep is minimal, goes on easy.

Click to view attachment

If you shop it hard you can get it down to under 9 bucks a can. I think the last case I bought was about 6.75 a can, but I know the Wurth rep.

Line-x is really good but it takes a lot of prep. I line-x'ed the entire inside and underside of my Lotus and very please with how it turned out.

Click to view attachment

I really like europas. I tried to look at the link but it didn't open.
ezbngreen914
Looks like Wurth is in the lead.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Nov 22 2011, 03:11 PM) *

I really like europas. I tried to look at the link but it didn't open.

I have fixed my link in my signature. It should open now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.