Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neat Vaccum Hose routing trick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I was changing out my vacuum hoses when I found one that I was not looking forward to changing: The small hose from distributor to throttle body. The hose ran under the intakes plus other parts I could not see even with a small mirror! I knew fishing it back was not going to be easy because of limited space for my hands.

Then, I got a brain fart and drilled a small hole in the old hose and placed a small wire through the hose then pull the old hose out. (See photo) I cut the new hose about 1 1/2 inches too long and did the same and pull the hose through by the wire! I cut off the excess below the drilled hole and wire!

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then!

I want to take time to wish the 914World Community a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have learned so much you y'all!

Terry
pt_700
neat trick, thanks for sharing!

perhaps an "i" piece (to connect both ends of the vaccum hose temporarily) would work too!
Tom_T
Terry - great application of an old trick!

Electricians use that trick too in order to rewire an old house, or to add cable/tele-comm/etc. wires in a newer one. Works great either way.

pt_700 - If you use an "I" connector it can pop off at the first resistance, whereas the wire is securely fastened to the hose, plus it is thinner & easier to pull through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.