Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Tone From a Single Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
It's strange ohmy.gif I have this sound that there are 2 mufflers, each with a different note, kind of a harmony with each other going on but I have one muffler & exhaust pipe or tip.

The car runs ok but not great and does this dual tone most of the time & sometiimes it doesn't.

Is this a valve thing or ??????? unsure.gif

headbang.gif Getting tired of all this crap going on. smash.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love the car but there's a limit one can take..... (looked at Miata's & S 2000's last night alfred.gif )

Help me...... save me........ Please huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

...........b
Bruce Allert
icon_bump.gif
Help me guys...

I know where there's a nice Miata to look at
& I DON"T WANNA.... but it's calling to me sad.gif

....b
Marlow
OK, I'll try to save you and take a stab at it -- you have a leak somewhere?
SGB
Miatas are nice cars. I bet I see forty a day, and none of the driver's look unhappy. Most of 'em were on the phone. With the top up. And the AC on. I'll bet they had something in the cupholder, too. The miata has done a great job bringing the satisfaction of being in a sports car to a lot of folks. The 914 has brought a great deal of satisfaction to DRIVERS who understand what a sports car can do. Miatas drive great, too. But ultimately compromise to the the greatest common dollorinator for mazda. You already have crossed over. There is no going back. You will never be satisfied with a product you can't get pissed off about! smash.gif
SLITS
Miata - lol2.gif lol2.gif barf.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Joe Bob
If it sounds like a flutter...ya might have a big rusty chunk floating around in the muffler. Could also be a leak at the welds, the flanges etc.....

The chunk will beat itself up and eventually fly out the tailpipe.....

The leaks will just get worse and can be found by wetting your hand and waving it under the engine.....the water will help you feel the stream off exhaust gas....you could also try a stethescope.....
Rocky
I had a leak where my HE mated to my Bursh. Sounded like you described.
I had a Miata, my neighbor has a S2000 and the guy down the street got a good deal on a Z3. I pass cars on the road like these all the time and never give them a second glance finger.gif
There is no love affair with these new mass production, electronic, how the f#ck do I work on this cars.
Go out right now and say your sorry to your teener. Theres the love baby. pray.gif

Tim
Bruce Allert
OK, thanks guys. I went out & gave my baby a pat & said "I'm sorry". After feeding the horses I poped the engine lid & said to myself, "Self... pull them f*ck'n injectors & see if'n they're work'n right. Then pull that thar dizzy & see if'n da weights'r free & then check da injector points..... "
Well, at least I gots me a plan.

Sorry to bring up the miata word...... jes'a fleeting thought slap.gif

.........b
aircooledboy
Welcome back Bruce. Go water your rust seeds and contemplate the error of your ways. laugh.gif

This 914 stuff is a funk you can't shake. Just get comfy and enjoy the ride. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.