booohyeaahh!!!

saweeet!!!!

CHACHING!!!!

thanks Garold!
Doug Leggins
FANTASTIC!!! beerchug.gif
seanery
QUOTE(Pnambic @ Aug 26 2004, 03:43 PM)
How did he come across our hats and logo? Does he own a 914 already? Is he a member of 914club?

Yup, he's a member, just joined a day or so ago. Jeff said they expect to complete a car from start to finish in 16 weeks. Right now they are beadblasting but want to try a dipped tub soon. They are doing both air and watercooled -6s. The work will be done in the LA area. They have current customers who expects to sell some of these cars to. I didn't tell him that WE were all CHEAP SOBs. But he thinks some of the super rich crowd he has worked with already would love a car with the right platform for 1/2 the cost (vs. GT40 Replicas and Panteras, etc...) I'm not sure if they even have a 914 right now. confused24.gif

Garold, did you get any more info from him?

I plan on a field trip to the GT40 factory with our PCA chapter. I'll keep you informed.
Engman
Holey Moley! Just think of the discussions that will be had!!!!

Hell, they should hire Brad!!!

smilie_pokal.gif

M
GaroldShaffer
No word from Jeff today sad.gif . I did email him pics of teh awards & shirt designs so he could see what I was talking about. I will give him a a week and follow up with him to get a firm yes or no and the $$.

Haggerty Insurance -

I called them yesterday and they are not able to be a $$ sponsor this year, but would like too next year. I received a package from them today with pens & 50ish real nice goodie bags. Sean, I know you said that we can get the goodie bags from the tourist board (whatever they are called) down there but I think we have more than enough.
I didn't ask for these, I guess Christina felt bad that they couldn't help this year. confused24.gif Let me know if you want to use them.
seanery
Jeff paid for his hats today. I sent him a little note. He is excited to be sponsoring the event. I have faith biggrin.gif
seanery
Garold,
I was CC'd on the email from Jeff to you. Do you have an agreement, or do we need to make one?
GaroldShaffer
I don't have one. We need to make up one, but I have never done something like this before. Any ideas?
seanery
This is the list of Sponsors that I have now. Am I missing any confirmed Sponsors?

MotoLegends - Title
--------------------------------
914 Limited - Associate
9R Parts - Associate
Camp914 - Associate
Indiana Northwest Region of the SCCA - Associate
Ladybug Baskets - Associate
Mueller Racing Components - Associate
--------------------------------------------------------
Artechnika- Vendor
Bill Maulding Used Parts - Vendor
Hagerty Insurance - Vendor
J West Engineering - Vendor
Kwiklift - Vendor
LN Engineering - Vendor
Morphenspectra - Vendor
NapCo - Vendor
Rick Harris (Kafermeister) - Vendor
GaroldShaffer
Looks good so far. I would put Brad M & Mueller both under Associate. I know Brad Mayeur gave $50 but he is going to donate a door prize or two.

I didn't receive anything from Jeff yet (email or fax)
GaroldShaffer
The Tire rack has signed up for door prizes. They don't do cash sad.gif Sean you should a package at your door in a few weeks. And yes Sean, they will email you the correct format for their logo.
seanery
Garold,
I received your package today. Nice bags from Hagerty.
Too bad Pelican cheaped out, huh? confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
yeah, I guess they are to busy with book deals laugh.gif
O'well screw them, I wouldn't put them on the shirt, they really didn't seem interested in doing this.
GaroldShaffer
O'Daniel Porsche in FT Wayne is willing to donate a door prize.
GaroldShaffer
Hey guys lets go ahead and announce our presenting sponsor. We need more chatter about the FFC on the site! I will call Jeff today and get this paypal stuff taken care of.
seanery
This is what I have for sponsors so far:

Title
MotoLegends

Associate
Camp914
914 Limited
9R Parts
Mueller Racing Components
Lady Bug Baskets
Indiana Northwest Region SCCA

Vendor
J West Engineering
Kwiklift
NapCo
Artechnika
LN Engineering
Bill Maulding Used Parts
Tire Rack
Hagerty Insurance
Pelican Parts
O'Daniel Porsche
Morphenspectra (what name to use?)
WaterLine Graphics LLC (Kafermeister)
Doug Leggins
Paragon Products agreed to send something. I'll contact Jason to see if he has decided what he'll be sending. I also will try to get their logo again.
seanery
Thanks Doug!
GaroldShaffer
Sean, have you received any door prize items yet from Tire rack or Kwiklift? Also do you still need their logos ina EPS format?

edit: what O'daniels?
seanery
The only stuff I have received has been from:
James Adams - J West Eng
Craig Laughlin - Camp914
Pelican = through garold
Hagerty = through garold
NapCo - GWN7

nothing from anyone else.

what, what about O'Daniel Porsche?
seanery
The only logo I need is from James - Morphenspectra and an approval from Brad M oh and info from Paragon that Doug mentioned.
GaroldShaffer
what, what about O'Daniel Porsche?

I need spell check. I was asking if you received any thing from them yet?
seanery
nope, not a thing. sad.gif
GaroldShaffer
Looks like Mid America (aka Tweeks) will be a vendor also smilie_pokal.gif They are going to send a door prize and some stuff for the goodie bags to Sean.
GaroldShaffer
I also called Tire Rack again and they said you should have a door prize in a week or so Sean.

Danny at Kwiklift was not there and no one seemed to know about this so.... confused24.gif I will keep trying
Engman
I will bring my stuff, unless you really need it now.

M
seanery
You're fine Mark, it was Mueller & Morphenspectra that I was speaking to...
seanery
morphenspectra logo
seanery
Garold,

Brad said HPH wants to send $.

Can you email him the info to brad@914world.com ?

thanks
Pnambic
Now you've got to make room for them on the back of the shirt too... ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Mo money, Mo money, Mo money....for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Can you email him the info to brad@914world.com ?

Email sent.
seanery
MSDS Inc. has signed on as a door prize sponsor.
Maltese Falcon (Marty ?) is the owner and they will be sending a trunk shock kit.
I told him it was too late to get on the shirt, but he was ok with that.
GaroldShaffer
I received a $30 check from Brad Mayuer for his registration to the FFC. Are we expecting sponsors that attend to pay the registration fee? Brad did give us $50 to sponsor plus he is going to donate a door prize. So do we keep the $$ or give it back?
seanery
give it back. confused24.gif

hell, I dunno.
GaroldShaffer
I have changed my mind and I think we should keep it. This is a charity event. Any objections?
seanery
nope
Pnambic
Agreed. Its for charity. Maybe we won't hound sponsors, but certainly don't push it away.

smile.gif
Engman
Damn - you guys are good!

Sean - hows the $$ situation now?

And - how many door prizes have we got?

Mark
seanery
Bringing Goodies with them:
Charles Navarro (LN Engineering)
Brad Mayeur
Rick Harris (Kafermeister)
Mark Bland (unless you want to save space and have me take them in the Durango)
Artechnika

Goodies Delivered:
Camp914 - shock kit and Porsche race car 1/43 scale
JWest Eng - Flash to pass mod, 914 mirror with light, solid alum motor mounts
NapCo - soaps and candles
Pelican - misc cheapie stuff
MidAmerica - T shirts, dusters & chamios'
Hagerty - goodie bags

Outstanding Goodies:
Mueller - front bearings (I have tracking #)
914 Appearance & Performance (I have tracking #)
Kwiklift - no info
Paragon Products - Jason said he was shipping them
O'Daniel Porsche - no info
The Tire Rack - no info
MSDS - trunk shock kit coming
seanery
Garold,
have you heard from HPH regarding sponsorship?
seanery
Garold & Doug,
I'm working on a sponsor info sheet.

Can you send me contact info for all the vendors/sponsors that you have dealt with?

Thanks
Doug Leggins
Jason @ Paragon Products is the only one that I was able to get support from.

I talked with Rick at CB Performance - he had a low level of interest, I should have pursued this one a little more.

Parts obsolete - Gary. He had some initial interest and then later said that he had already spent his limit for these types of activities for the year. Could try next year.

Bob Farmer - Farmer Porsche. He stated that he no longer supports these activities. He does not see a return for his support.

Mittelmotor - I do not have the contact name here at home. I have it at work and can provide it if you want it.
seanery
Thanks Doug,

I guess I shoulda said "that are working with us".

So, Paragon is the only one of those that is participating. I've got their info, so we're good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.