Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
I ask because I suck at it! biggrin.gif

Let's come up with a couple different level of sponsorships and get some cash.

Remember all the vendors who are supplying goodies count, too-all their logos will be on the shirt back.
GaroldShaffer
Who did that for the SMOG guys? I'm not good at asking for $$ either, but I am willing to do it. biggrin.gif
seanery
I think Tom did it.
Pnambic
My sister has always been good at asking daddy for anything she wanted....and she almost always got it to, come to think of it.... dry.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just FYI I sent Tom a PM asking a few questions about sponsors.
GaroldShaffer
This is what Tom's Pm said.

Hi Garold,
We told sponsors that their name on the event shirt was $100. To sponsor the trophies we asked for $250. Both of these figures worked out good. We had asked for $300 to sponsor the mugs but they ended up costing more than that - about $380 or so. This was made up in registration fees.
I got the amounts by looking at what the west coast guys were using for their WCC.
As it turns out, Stoddards and the landscaper guy (I don't remember his name) gave $500 towards the event shirts so we gave their logos more space on the shirts.
Hope that helps and good luck.
See you at the FFC,
Tom
GaroldShaffer
So how much lead time do we have before we have to get shirt orders in?

Do you think HPH would be a sponsor? I can call Brad Mayeur, what about stoddard? Who else should be called?

Tweeks (Mid America)
Voderman in Ft wayne?
Pelican
GPR
?
?
?
seanery
I'm getting a sample from a local shirt guy. When I do I'll find out his turnaround time.

Sponsors?

Let's figure out what the expenses will be then go from there. I'll start a new thread called expenses.
seanery
I got this email tonite from Bill Maulding:
seanery,

GRM1964 has sent you this email from http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php.

Sean;

I am interested in being a sponsor for your event in Nashville, IN. I was thinking about some cash, that you could give away or use for whatever you think.  You set up for PayPal by chance? I was thinking like $40, will that work? I sell a few used 914 parts so I was thinking if it was OK with you, just to put my name on the shirt and my e-mail address. Let me know and I will get you some money. If you aren't set up for PayPal, send me your address and I will send you a postal money order. Thanks for hosting a great event,I just bought a shirt last year because I couldn't make it, but I look forward to meeting you in October this year!

Bill Maulding Used 914 Parts  billmaulding@gcctv.com

I sent him a reply telling him that we are working on packages and will get back with him as soon as we know what we are doing.
seanery
Who wants to be the sponsor-getter-guy?

Garold, Dan, Doug, Mark?

I know Garold really wants to do it! laugh.gif
Engman
Sounds like Garold is on top of it already! smilie_pokal.gif rolleyes.gif
GaroldShaffer
This is a commisson job isn't it blink.gif

OK I guess I will do it dry.gif

So do we have price ranges we want to stick with. What do the sponsors get for doing this? Logo on the shirt &????

Lets put together a list of people that we would like to be sponsors.

Are we asking sponsors for $$ & a door prize donation??

I will be in Phoenix next week tues - thurs so I could start making calls Friday.

What is the deadline on the shirt order? Need to know the cut off date to ensure all sponsors logo's make it on the shirt.
seanery
All of the vendors who have donated product will get their logo on the shirtback.

I guess maybe we should sell:
(I'm thinking out loud and just woke up so bear with me)

Title Sponsorship: $300 - $500 gets their name on the front of the shirt and on the web page
Associate Sponsorship: $200 gets their name bigger on the back of the shirt and smaller on web page
Junior Sponsorship: $100 gets their name on the back of the shirt with the vendors

does this sound good?

We could offer:
1 - Title Sponsorship
3 - Associate Sponsorships
5 - Junior Sponsorships

Can you sell those?

We can pass out any literature, stickers, etc...that they send us
GaroldShaffer
Title Sponsorship: $300 - $500 gets their name on the front of the shirt and on the web page
Associate Sponsorship: $200 gets their name bigger on the back of the shirt and smaller on web page
Junior Sponsorship: $100 gets their name on the back of the shirt with the vendors

Sounds good to me, just wondering if you know what the guys got at the WWC from their sponsors?

Can you sell those?

confused24.gif don't, I will try.
seanery
we didn't get enough $ for the WCC.

The rally shields were $100 per spot.
then there were a couple other $100 - $150 deals.

the shields would have sold for $300 each I believe.

If my $ amounts seem high, we can go lower.
I was just throwing $ amounts out.
GaroldShaffer
I don't know if that seems high or not, that's why I'm asking.
GaroldShaffer
As I contact sponsors what address should they send payment to if NOT using paypal? To whom should the payment be made out to? What Paypal address should they use? Is there a receipt that will be sent back to sponsors for record of sponsorship / advertising? Also would they receive a shirt as part of a thank you for being a sponsor?

that's all for now biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
a few more questions....

On the shirt, the back shows a Presenting sponsor, event, associate, and door prize sponsor. What's the difference between a Presenting & Event sponsor?

also what size would the logo's be for each sponsor based on the different "levels" of sponsorship we are asking for.

I just want to have enough info so when I call and I can say....

"Thank you for your sponsorship, for this you will get X size logo display on the shirt along with XYZ passed out in goodie bags. You know whatever else they want to give as items (stickers, pens ect..)"

Should I be asking people that have already donated door prize items if they would give some $$$ also?

I also need help with a list of people / places to call to ask for sponsorship. Any places local in Columbus / Nashville area I should call?
seanery
Presenting Sponsor:
Logo on all awards and anywhere the Fall Foliage Logo is used
Logo (sized to fit) in a 3.9" x 2.2" box on front of shirt
Logo (sized to fit) in a 6.1" x 3.5" box on back of shirt
2 XL Event T-Shirts
2 L Event T-Shirts

Event Sponsor:
Logo 3.5" x 2" on back of shirt
2 Event T-Shirts

Associate Sponsor:
Logo 2.8" x 1.6" on back of shirt
1 Event T-Shirt

Door Prize Sponsors:
Logo 2" x 1.2" on back of shirt
1 Event T-Shirt

The only real difference between the Associate & Event Sponsor is how much $ it cost. If you feel that is too many levels (and it very well may be) then maybe we should consolidate the two levels and ask $125-150 and call it Event Sponsor. If so, we can sell up to 6 of those. (that's probably the best way to go, huh?)

As far as a receipt. I'm sure we can make something up if it's necessary.
Money can be sent to either your address or mine.

I would like to nominate 9R Parts to receive either the Associate or Event Sponsorship level because of his involvement organizing this event. Is that ok with everyone?
GaroldShaffer
If you feel that is too many levels (and it very well may be) then maybe we should consolidate the two levels and ask $125-150 and call it Event Sponsor. If so, we can sell up to 6 of those. (that's probably the best way to go, huh?)

agree.gif

I would like to nominate 9R Parts to receive either the Associate or Event Sponsorship

OK with me.
GaroldShaffer
Are any of these sponsors, other tha 9R parts, listed on the FFC site mention anything about $$ besides door prizes to you?

9R Parts
Artechnika
Camp914
High Performance House
JWest Engineering
LN Engineering
Mueller Racing Components
Napco

Also how much / many spaces do we have on the shirt for sponsors that give door prizes?
GaroldShaffer
Sean I will have the sponsors send their money to me, this way I can keep track of who has or has not paid. ok?
seanery
no mention of cash
Craig Laughlin (Camp914/boxter) may be good for some cash.

15 spots for door prize sponsors
GaroldShaffer
Sean what about Bill. Cash is cash?

got this email tonite from Bill Maulding:
seanery,

GRM1964 has sent you this email from http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php.

Sean;

I am interested in being a sponsor for your event in Nashville, IN. I was thinking about some cash, that you could give away or use for whatever you think.  You set up for PayPal by chance? I was thinking like $40, will that work? I sell a few used 914 parts so I was thinking if it was OK with you, just to put my name on the shirt and my e-mail address. Let me know and I will get you some money. If you aren't set up for PayPal, send me your address and I will send you a postal money order. Thanks for hosting a great event,I just bought a shirt last year because I couldn't make it, but I look forward to meeting you in October this year!

Bill Maulding Used 914 Parts  billmaulding@gcctv.com

I sent him a reply telling him that we are working on packages and will get back with him as soon as we know what we are doing.

GaroldShaffer
Is DOC & CY still around?
seanery
I've heard it both way about Doc & Cy? Don't know which to believe. Their webpage doesn't load right now. confused24.gif
seanery
I'll leave Bill Maulding up to you. rolleyes.gif

I'm doing a Brad. When I don't want to make a decision, I'll let someone else make it. laugh.gif
GaroldShaffer
Well then I am going to contact Bill. When I get back home from Phoenix I am going to call Stoddard, Patrick Motorsport, Kwiklift, Mid America (tweeks), also looking for any Beb & Breakfast type places down there that would like to sponsor.

I could use somemore suggestions....Hint hint.....
seanery
It's worth a call. Chester runs the place. 812-378-4289.
Engman
Sean - could you, since you are in Indy, drop by Doc n' Cys to see if there are even still there? do not have to do it right away, but it would be iformative to know if they are still around.

M
seanery
Doc owned an antique shop run out of the same building, still there as far as I know. I'll check further.
seanery
how 'bout this?

I'm working on yet another version as well.
Doug Leggins
Garold - I am willing to help with contacting potential sponsors. I have no problem asking for $$$ for a good event.

Other potential sponsors:
CB Performance
Parts Obsolete
Paragon
Farmer's Automotive - Bob Farmer located in Greenfield, IN - his name comes up frequently as the area Porsche shop
Mittelmotor
seanery
nuther
GaroldShaffer
Sean I will get those images to Brad.

Doug if you want to call the ones you listed that would be great! Thank you. Being in Phoenix all week I have been unable to make calls, work sucks!
seanery
work is under rated.
seanery
Bill Maulding emailed me again last nigt. I told him that Garold was handling it and we didn't need his stinkin' money. No, I told him you were traveling and it may be early next week before he was contacted.
seanery
Perry Kiehl is another good guy to ask.
He does 914 repair and conversion work as well as makes the "Umbrella" cover for our cars.

Perry is a real nice guy and does quality work.
His screen name is 9146986.
GaroldShaffer
ok I will add him to my call / email list for today smile.gif
seanery
Garold,
Brad M. will get a shirt for sponsorship, can you find out what size?

Also, if you talk to Bill Maulding get his size, too.
seanery
Garold/Doug,
I don't know if it will help, but you may want to show the potential sponsors the art with the "Title Sponsor Here" stuff to show the coverage they would get.

1. Large Logo on shirt front
2. Medium Size Logo on shirt back
3. Logo on name tag
4. Logo on awards (?) need to doublecheck with Mark on that one.
Engman
I will program the logos for the awards.

Hope to see a sample next week.

M
Doug Leggins
Made a couple of contacts friday.
- Farmer automotive - NO
- CB Perfromance - I need to call back Monday
- Mittelmotor - sent e-mail, no reply yet
- Paragon - Jason committed to a goody bag/door prize item but did not know what it would be yet.
seanery
Doug,
can you have Jason send me/you his logo in an AI or EPS format?
GaroldShaffer
Sean, Danny at Kwiklift wanted me to call him back in Sept, but I will get in touch with him in the next few days to get the logo info you need. I will also call Brad M and see which logo he likes.

No more road trips for me for a while so I will start hitting the $$ Sponsorship calls hard & heavy tomorrow.
seanery
thanks!
seanery
Garold,
I just got off the phone with:

Jeffrey S. Batchelor
> President & CEO
>
> jeff@motolegends.net or jsbatch@cox.net
> 480.209.0503 - Direct
> 530.504.8898 - Fax
> MotoLegends, LLC
> 416 'A' Anacapa Street
> Santa Barbara, CA 93101 USA

He was asking me questions about our hats and logo. His companies are car related and do things like GT40 North America. They are looking to do a similar thing with the 914. They buy a chasis and do full 100% restorations to 914-6 and 914-8 specs. $50k + They think they have a good plan to sell cars here and overseas. They may bring a car or two to the FFC and are interested in sponsorships (well, I asked him if he would be). I told you I was bad about asking for $, so I told him you would call him laugh.gif sorry. I told him we were looking for a title and associates sponsors still. I don't think money will scare him. He's a nice guy, too. The GT40 biz is run our of Westfield, IN just north of Indy.

OK, so will you call him?
GaroldShaffer
NO wink.gif

Calling him now

- Garold

PS. You chicken ph34r.gif :finger2: biggrin.gif
Pnambic
Damn Sean, screw the call. This might just necessitate a personal visit! Thats a pretty awesome setup according to their website. I can't believe I'd never heard of them!

How did he come across our hats and logo? Does he own a 914 already? Is he a member of 914club? I'll volunteer to personally deliver and return whichever car he'd like to have present at the FFC, 914 or not. cool_shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
he shoots.... he scores....... smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like we have a presenting sponsor clap56.gif pray.gif I just need to email Jeff the info, which I will do after this post. Sean, you are very correct Jeff is a very nice person. Easy to talk with and very excited about the 914club and our events. The 9146 car that they are offering sounds excellent. I can't wait to see it.

Lets wait till we have money in hand before we say anthing just yet.

I don't know about you guys but I'm stoked boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.