Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any ideas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bullet
I cant for the life of me get my car to run well. I just had the MPS re-calibrated, got new spark plugs, Plug wires, cap & rotor, fuel injectors, CHT sensor, set the adjustment for the TPS, set timming. and it still has a miss-fire. I only have about 10 miles on a new rebuild. as i accelerate it will start to buck (surge). I cant get it to idle steady below 1500 rpm. my fuel pressure is at 28psi. my engine vaccum wobles between 12-15 in-lb's at idle. I have looked and looked for a vaccum leak, yet I cant find one. What am i missing?
Dr Evil
Have you checked the fuel points? I have a great set if you need one.
bondo
have you adjusted the valves?
ArtechnikA
i have an idea!

let's put useful and meaningful titles on our posts !

( curmudgeon mode ...)
Bullet
I have checked my fuel points and they are good. I adjusted the valves before i installed the motor in the car. I will go and double check that they are still where they need to be.
Dr Evil
Remember, for the valves there are two places that they can be adjusted to in the cycle. You want to adjust them for TDC on the ignition stroke, not the exhaust IIRC so right after the intake valve closes and your engine hits TDC that is the spot. I have had a problem with that on the bench before (learning curve).
Bullet
I was able to get the car to run almost perfect today. I checked the vale adjustment, and they where all dead nutz. Screwed around with it for a while with my co-workers and one of them sugest that I advance the timming a little more then the 27btc mark. I turned it just a little more advanced and it got better so i went a tit bit more advanced and it is damn near perfect. I was going to play with it a little more tomorrow. right at 5k RPM it starts to hicup a little. I think that it may just be possiable that with the cam that i got, I should have it a little more advanced then stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.