Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
Anyone have any idea how to email Bruce Dern? He's Coool. He's been in a ton of those old Drive Inn Flicks. I'd bet he'd be interested in our little fund raiser.

Hey anyone mention Corvette Summer yet?
914guy
I got into this a little late, and you guys already took most of my suggestions :finger2: Ronin, Gone in 60 seconds were great, driven was a waste of time (and money, sadly I bought it on sale at Best Buy).

There is another one out there (not really a movie but eh.) it is called Mischief 3000. It is a documentary that a couple of guys who were entering in the Gumball Rally made. There is a ton of Porsche and Ferrari goodness. And on the bonus reel they talk to some guy with a 'GTR Mustang' for a good laugh. $12.99 at Best Buy and worth every penny. My only gripe is the DVD box promised a bikini contest, and there was none mad.gif ! But there were 2 playboy bunnies driving a Mini that almost made up for it!

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo....=270&e=11177040

~Eric
Mike D.
The Wraith - Charlie Sheen, Sherilyn Fenn and some other guy? Sheen is a ghost with an indestructable super car, who comes back to take out the drag racing thugs that murdered him. In the end he leave the super car to his younger brother.

-Mike D.
Gint
Suprised nobody metioned this one.

Charlie Sheen - No Man's Land Good flick for Porsche junkies.
Aaron Cox
here is a link to the original gone in 60...
HB HILACKI's Gone in 60 seconds
Gint
I have a copy of it on tape around here somewhere. The entire SpeedVision presentation woth his wife doing commentary, the works.

One of my favorites (because of the car chase scene) is McQ With John Wayne. Runs around in a early 70's green Firebird (Formula IIRC).
silver six
I saw the Fast and the Furious last night. Man, that was a lot of rice. And one Jetta, and one Detroit muscle car, and lots of hot chicks. And did I mention there was rice? Not a Porsche to be found. THere was, however, plenty of rice. Just so we're clear.

In the movie NOS plays a very prominent role. Everyone has NOS. Our protagonist has so much NOS in one of the early scenes that he blows up his engine (although in a subsequent scene the car seems to be working fine, but this is Hollywood so don't ask don't tell). Everyone has these little red NOS buttons on their steering wheel. It was kind of cool.

It got me to thinking, that no one in the Porsche community, at least not on this board or on Pelican, or at the PCA ever talks much (if at all) about NOS. So what's the deal with NOS. Why don't we use it? I'd like double or tripple horsepower for a few moments, at the push of a button.

Douglas
Mike D.
NOS - basically dumps pure oxygen (nitrogen breaks off when exposed) into you intake. Tends to make things REALLY HOT. Not good for air cooled engines. Even the water coolers will burn rings if used too often or too much at one time. Some of the Bug Drag Racers use it. I've also seen some guys out at Pamona with it on their bugs or notchbacks. But T1 engines are cheeper to rebuild every 5000 miles.

$.02 - Mike D.
porsche735
There was one I watched some time ago on Speedvision. I believe it was "The Quick and the Dead" (not the Sharon Stone in the bathtub flick). It was basically about formula and Can Am cars throughout the years. Some of the really bad crashes were there as well. Not something you want to show your SO's if you race....
Curvie Roadlover
Speaking of crashes, how about those "Havoc" videos. Check those out from your FLVS (Friendly local video store), if you want to see some carnage.
GWN7
Pouring rain here. To get any wetter I'd have to be in the pool.

So "RPM" with David Arquette, Emmanuelle Seigner and Famke Janssen

lots of nice iron, good looking gals, no explosions, bad acting. Two out of four isn't bad.

$5.94 Walmarts bargin DVD bin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.