Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weekends work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
made quite a bit of headway this weekend.

installed clutch and PP with indexed bolts (for balance) see pic

also cleaned up tranny as much as I could. mainly the ass end and the area near the bellhousing. would have liked to do more but I need to get this thing together already.

also cleaned up all small bits for clutch and installed new bushings...

motor will be in car this week.

thanks for the help guys...

dr
Brad Roberts
Lookin good man.. lookin good.

Wait until you see the new semi solid mounts that are in the works. We will release them at the German AutoFest in Sept.

No vibration through tranny to tub or tub to tranny.

B
machina
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 15 2004, 03:39 PM)
Lookin good man.. lookin good.

Wait until you see the new semi solid mounts that are in the works. We will release them at the German AutoFest in Sept.

No vibration through tranny to tub or tub to tranny.

B

those would be for the tranny end , so what to use up front?

james' nylon units?

dr
Brad Roberts
Our rules state we can run solid tranny mounts.. but they say nothing about being able to run solid engine mounts (in our PCA/SCCA region) so.. I run stock rubber mounts in our production cars (at the engine).

I'd stick with the rubber ones until they break.. then buy some of JWest's stuff.

B
watsonrx13
B, due tell. Joe's rebuilding my engine and I'll be ordering new engine and trans mounts.

If you've got better, I'll wait and help support the 'spiritual leader' of this BBS. pray.gif
Brad Roberts
Just buy the solid ones. You'll be fine. I'll post pics of them in Mid Sept. They where developed for the 911 and we spun off a version for the 914.

Support us when the Ecomm is up and running.

B
Jeroen
Dr,

Looking gooooooood!

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 15 2004, 09:39 PM)

Cool! I saw them when I was up there for the WCC
You know if the camberplates will be ready by then too?

cheers,

Jeroen
watsonrx13
Support us when the Ecomm is up and running.

Iwill, I will... aktion035.gif happy11.gif biggrin.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.