Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mother of all gas leaks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Neal
Check out the attachment doc
SirAndy
your attachement didn't work for me (there were 3 linebreaks added to the .DOC binary data). here's the post in plain text:

===============================================
Yesterday driving home from work with the top off (it was a nice day in Seattle) I had just stopped at a light and then started to smell GAS! I mean raw gas so I pulled off the road and popped the hood what I saw was lakes of gas in the engine tin and gas dripping from underneath the car. I said *$%^ and started to investigate, no loose gas lines or obvious problems so I started the car and watched, there was a stream of gas coming from the intake manifold on the passenger side Weber, I mean it was a stream the size of my daughters horse taking a piss !. I turned off the engine and tried to figure out what happened I thought possibly the manifold had split but I noticed on the other Weber there where these two inserts in the intake manifold so I checkd the leaking side and low and behold one of the inserts was missing I looked down on the engine tin and found the insert it kind of looks like the tip of a bullet, I used my Leatherman and stuffed it back in.
I drove home with no leak and then took a small flat tipped punch to reseat the insert.
It seems to be ok. My question is what the F*** are those for and why are they removable, I could have been a motorized funeral pyre.
Neal
Neal
Thanks Andy, I hate Microsoft sometimes how, hard is to attach a word doc
Neal huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.