Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another newbie question - pin switch of some sort..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
potomacmidget
Dear All,

I pulled out my carpet this evening and disconnected my battery as I want to unbolt my heater lever and see if I can clean the crud/corrosion up so that I can get the blower to work - I then noticed what appears to be a pin switch (like in the door jambs for the interior light/buzzer) under the hand brake lever, but it does not look like anything actually contacts the button. Any idea what this is for?

thanks
Reg
jcd914
QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Dec 6 2011, 05:07 PM) *

Dear All,

I pulled out my carpet this evening and disconnected my battery as I want to unbolt my heater lever and see if I can clean the crud/corrosion up so that I can get the blower to work - I then noticed what appears to be a pin switch (like in the door jambs for the interior light/buzzer) under the hand brake lever, but it does not look like anything actually contacts the button. Any idea what this is for?

thanks
Reg

When the parking brake lever is pulled up the switch should ground the wire connected to it and turn on the flashing brake light in the instrument cluster. When the brake handle is down it should push the button and keep the switch from grounding the wire and turn off the brake light.

jim
Mike Bellis
The heater lever is a grounded switch. Only one wire connects to it.
underthetire
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 6 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Dear All,

thanks
Reg

When the parking brake lever is pulled up the switch should ground the wire connected to it and turn on the flashing brake light in the instrument cluster. When the brake handle is down it should push the button and keep the switch from grounding the wire and turn off the brake light.

agree.gif
Parking brake lamp

jim

potomacmidget
QUOTE(underthetire @ Dec 6 2011, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 6 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Dear All,

thanks
Reg

agree.gif
Parking brake lamp

jim

Thanks Guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.