Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yet another newbie question - pin switch of some sort.., noticed it as I inspected my heater lever..
potomacmidget
post Dec 6 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #1

I gotta have more cowbell....

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,860
Region Association: North East States

Dear All,

I pulled out my carpet this evening and disconnected my battery as I want to unbolt my heater lever and see if I can clean the crud/corrosion up so that I can get the blower to work - I then noticed what appears to be a pin switch (like in the door jambs for the interior light/buzzer) under the hand brake lever, but it does not look like anything actually contacts the button. Any idea what this is for?

thanks
Reg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
jcd914
post Dec 6 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Dec 6 2011, 05:07 PM) *

Dear All,

I pulled out my carpet this evening and disconnected my battery as I want to unbolt my heater lever and see if I can clean the crud/corrosion up so that I can get the blower to work - I then noticed what appears to be a pin switch (like in the door jambs for the interior light/buzzer) under the hand brake lever, but it does not look like anything actually contacts the button. Any idea what this is for?

thanks
Reg

When the parking brake lever is pulled up the switch should ground the wire connected to it and turn on the flashing brake light in the instrument cluster. When the brake handle is down it should push the button and keep the switch from grounding the wire and turn off the brake light.

jim
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Dec 6 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #3

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

The heater lever is a grounded switch. Only one wire connects to it.
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Dec 6 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 6 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Dear All,

thanks
Reg

When the parking brake lever is pulled up the switch should ground the wire connected to it and turn on the flashing brake light in the instrument cluster. When the brake handle is down it should push the button and keep the switch from grounding the wire and turn off the brake light.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Parking brake lamp

jim

+Quote Post
potomacmidget
post Dec 7 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #5

I gotta have more cowbell....

Member No.: 12,860
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(underthetire @ Dec 6 2011, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 6 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Dear All,

thanks
Reg

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Parking brake lamp

jim

Thanks Guys!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:52 AM