Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No good deed goes unpunished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
euro911
Just checked out www.landfallvoyages.com ... looks like he had enough $ to buy three 190-watt solar panels and bunch of a batteries so's he could make some ice cream confused24.gif

Why not sign up and post your car for sale there? I'm sure it'll get his attention happy11.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 15 2012, 10:24 PM) *

Just checked out www.landfallvoyages.com ... looks like he had enough $ to buy three 190-watt solar panels and bunch of a batteries so's he could make some ice cream confused24.gif

Why not sign up and post your car for sale there? I'm sure it'll get his attention happy11.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
carr914
QUOTE(markb @ May 15 2012, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2012, 12:10 PM) *

Small claims court.

He & his family live on a sail boat. No fixed address. Last I heard they were in Oceanside, Ca. I doubt he could be found, should he decide not to be found.

I suppose you could sink his boat
markb
Nah, his wife is very nice, and his son Eli is a very cool kid. smile.gif
carr914
I was just kidding
markb
I know. shades.gif
markb
Latest update:

I was told by the body shop that they had a mechanic friend look at the car to see why it wouldn't run. The mechanic told them the dizzy had a broken ground wire, and the coil wasn't putting out enough. I stopped by & pulled the dizzy & had Cap'n Krusty do a rebuild, and stopped by GPR (conveniently across the street) and got a new Pertronix coil to go with the new Pertronix module in the dizzy. Installed both of them yesterday. Turned the key to prime the fuel pump and..... no buzz from the fuel pump. I installed a brand new one a month or so before loaning out the car. Checked all the fuses, shuffled the relays, no joy. headbang.gif Time to replace the fuel pump next week & see if I can't get it to run. I HATE THIS!!!! mad.gif
JawjaPorsche
When it rains, it pours. I am sorry you are having so much grief especially since you tried to help someone out. Hang in there.
markb
I'm not quite to the end of my rope, but I can see it from where I am. sad.gif
hwgunner
Ordering a fuel pump for a Kia Rio as we speek!! piratenanner.gif shades.gif poke.gif
markb
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 18 2012, 11:03 AM) *

Ordering a fuel pump for a Kia Rio as we speek!! piratenanner.gif shades.gif poke.gif

piratenanner.gif

blink.gif

laugh.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(markb @ May 18 2012, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 18 2012, 11:03 AM) *

piratenanner.gif

blink.gif

laugh.gif

It will be here on Monday!! happy11.gif
markb
Cool! Thanks!
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 15 2012, 09:28 PM) *

In a small claims case, the plaintiff is required to serve the defendant with a notice to appear.

Some states allow them to be served "in absentia" after certified attempt has failed by placing notice in "public notice" column in the classifieds. beerchug.gif
markb
I'm still trying to be kinda nice, in the hopes that his conscience will kick in. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Might want to test for power at the pump before throwing any more money at it.

The Cap'n
markb
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 18 2012, 01:31 PM) *

Might want to test for power at the pump before throwing any more money at it.

The Cap'n

That's the plan, but as long as I'm going to be under the car at the body shop, if there's power, I want to have the new pump ready to put in. I'm scraping together what I can, and as soon as I can pay it off, it's being flatbedded to your shop so it can be fixed correctly.
strawman
I'm in SLO and have a big ol' Creepy Van if you wanna use it in conjunction with a UHaul trailer. The 3/4-ton Chevy Conversion Van sits during the day, so you're welcome to borrow it to tow your teener to the Capn's place. PM me if this will help...
markb
AAA is my friend. smile.gif But thanks for the offer.
markb
Heard from Steve last week, and now back to no communication, so I think he was blowing smoke again. I got a call from Jonathan at GPR today offering to loan me the $$ to get the car out of the shop. I think I'll take him up on it, and have the car flatbedded to my house, so I can fix what the shop has broken, and get it back up for sale. I'm so burned out on this whole mess. sad.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(markb @ May 31 2012, 04:10 PM) *

I'm so burned out on this whole mess. sad.gif

What he said!
seanery
Mark, So sorry to hear all of this! It sucks!!
sww914
I received an email this morning from a friend who found this thread and said it sounded like you guys were threatening to take down our website. That is just sad.
I would ask you all to consider a few things.
Mark did me a huge favor by loaning me his car.
If I were going to screw him I would have done it BEFORE I handed him $3000.00 CASH!
There is no internet available to me out in the middle of the ocean.
I tried to mail him a second check. Unfortunately I had to depend on somebody else to mail it for me because we were in Dana Point and I couldn't get to the post office before we left there, the post office is more than a mile from the harbor and the only dinghy parking was a 1 hour tow away zone. I literally didn't have time, the harbor cops there are insane.
Look at a map and tell me where in the fuck we could have possibly had internet when we were 300 miles south of the border in Mexico. WHERE?

So, I thought that I had it handled before we set off away from civilization, much as I thought that I had it handled before we left the SLO area.

Why don't you think, for just a minute, how it must feel to be me. I borrowed a friend's car and crashed it, the first crash in my life. I payed out a bunch of money to get it fixed by a friend, then I continued with my life. My friend (ex friend?) who owns 1/2 of the shop won't return my calls since they hit me with a bullshit additional damage charge.
Mark's getting fucked and his car is just getting more fucked up by the day.
I'm getting fucked and we're in a strange country and out of money. I paypal'd Mark almost half of this month's income last night.
Mark's car is STILL not finished. It's been 6 fucking months!
I've got you guys suggesting you should fuck with our website, our only potential source of future income if we want to keep cruising. Or destroy our home. Nice.
sww914
Mark, you need to check the white ground wires on top of the engine before you buy a fuel pump, it won't run unless they're attached well. Those dumbasses were screwing around up there.
markb
Thanks for the Paypal Steve, I forget that you don't have reception a lot of the time. I'm just so frustrated! Hopefully I'll get the car home next week, and start going thru everything to find out what's wrong. I just want the pump on hand for replacement if it's gone bad. It shouldn't be, but who knows what all has been done to it while they were in there.
Rand
This thread has a stench. I'm not sure it was necessary. Yeah, I get the original bummer. But it's a lotta shit flung at sww. I thought he was a stand-up guy??? But I'm just going by history here.

I don't know. I'm just bummed to see this crap.
markb
It's home! It's home! It's home! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
Unless we see pictures....... bs.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Honest, he picked it up late this morning, and it left here under its own power. They did a pretty nice job on the nose .................

The Cap'n
markb
I had to come to work ( mad.gif ), so I didn't get pics yet to post. Tomorrow....
carr914
I hope the Whole Situation works out OK for everybody

sixnotfour
clap56.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif flag.gif popcorn[1].gif screwy.gif shades.gif santa_smiley.gif smilie_pokal.gif Note whichever applies, first.gif
markb
I got the car home yesterday, thanks to Cap'n Krusty working his magic to get it running again. It sounds like Hamfist (The Cap'ns term) took the relay board cover off, and forgot to put it back on, then washed the car. The Cap'n said he dried the board out and got the relays working again, set the timing, remounted the new coil, and she fires right up. Here's a few pics.

At the body shop when I had the tow truck pick it up.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

After I got it home.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks like the body shop felt guilty & left me a gift. Too bad I don't drink takillya anymore.

Click to view attachment

The bumper, hood, eyebrows and headlights are all sitting too low, so I'll need to do some adjusting. Overall the paint & bodywork look pretty good. Unfortunately, it needs new tires, so I'll get it all adjusted, then put the car cover on it until I can afford some new shoes. It's nice to have it home. smile.gif
euro911
Looks great Mark. Glad they were able to repair it.

Hoping the other aspect was repaired as well.
TravisNeff
It looks great Mark. Love that color - very uncommon!
markb
Thanks guys.

Mark: Steve is doing the best that he can. My only complaint is about communication, or lack thereof. Accidents happen, there's nothing we can do but accept them & move on. We remain friends & I wish him and his family the best.

Travis: I saw a pic years ago of a prototype that was this color (Metallic Red) and fell in love with it. It turns out this was the original color of Dad's Car, so in honor of him, I painted mine this color. Even tho it's a 72, I backdated the bumpers to 1970, because I like the look, and it's a 1970 only color, so it fits.
sww914
I left that tequila there for you as a thank you, I'm surprised that it's still there. I thought it would take a week, not 6 months.
sww914
AND, if anyone here wants to talk anymore SHIT about me, they can email me directly at sww914@gmail.com or call my Mexican cellphone at 011-52-1-646-128-96-95
Seriously. Call. If you want to do it face-to-face, I'll be in Ensenada until October when hurricane season is over and we can go back south.
finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
mrholland2
I think it is time for a 914 World group hug. .. . . wub.gif
markb
Looks like I haven't checked this thread in a while..... dry.gif

Thanks for the takillya, Steve. I may have to make margaritas in your honor. smile.gif

I got the headlights/eyebrows/hood adjusted & it looks pretty good.

Sorry for all the drama.
Valy
Nice car and happy to see it back on the road.

BTW, can I borrow it for few hours?
markb
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.