Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No good deed goes unpunished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
markb
sad.gif I loaned the Red Car to sww914 while he's waiting for parts for his boat, and he & and older "gentleman" tried to mate fenders. hissyfit.gif

Steve is taking care of everything, but he's having a hard time finding an early chrome bumper (the one on the car is one of the ones done by bdstone not too long ago), so if anyone has one, please let me know. Otherwise we'll send mine out to be straightened & re-chromed.

I'm doing my best not to get upset over it, accidents happen, and there's not too much we can do about them. The up-side, is that some of the rust is going to be dealt with (Steve is going above & beyond on that, which is most appreciated), and since they're going to have to do some painting anyway, if I can afford it, I'll get the other rust bubbles dealt with at the same time.

Steve said he's going to take some pics, so maybe he'll post them here.
914.SBC
That sucks but...you have a great attitude and karma will come your way with something special for you. Dont know what it is, but it will be great.
rick 918-S
Is there something in the water? WTF.gif There seems to be some kind of attack on 914's lately. Watch out for the other guy fellas! unsure.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 27 2011, 09:25 PM) *

Is there something in the water? WTF.gif There seems to be soem kind of attack on 914's lately. Watch out for the other guy fellas! unsure.gif

agree.gif

That always sucks to hear, but there is a lesson here...

Quick, everybody put your cars up on jackstands (if not already) to protect them.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 27 2011, 09:25 PM) *

Is there something in the water? WTF.gif There seems to be soem kind of attack on 914's lately. Watch out for the other guy fellas! unsure.gif

Took the words out of my mouth.
Thats three in the past 7 days.... maybe 4.

Zach
SGB
oh shit. I feel your pain. I have another front bumper that has great chrome but it is a little bent (not the one one my cadaver- its not bent much but chrome is bad under one of the bumperettes). Karma clearly dictates that it is yours for shipping if you want it.
markb
QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 27 2011, 08:51 PM) *

oh shit. I feel your pain. I have another front bumper that has great chrome but it is a little bent (not the one one my cadaver- its not bent much but chrome is bad under one of the bumperettes). Karma clearly dictates that it is yours for shipping if you want it.

I appreciate the offer, and will make sure Steve sees it. smile.gif
sww914
Sorry, Mark.
I'm glad that I'm in a position to make it right for you.
I'll post pictures tomorrow, it's not as bad as Jeep vs 914.
aharder
Mine's up on Jack Stands for the next 30 - 60 days so it's safe biggrin.gif
It always hurts to hear one get crunched sad.gif
hwgunner
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
I just had to go out and look in the garage and check on mine. It's OK so far. Sorry about the car Mark.
bulitt
Too many drivers distracted with cell phones and texting and Navi's telling them to turn left now. Too many people stressed out over the holidays. These small cars are just under the radar. Should almost have a flag stuck on the bumper like a recumbent bike...
SUNAB914
Could someone start a poll of known 914's that got totalled, burned or were scrapped this month? My gosh, must be at least 10 that we know of this month alone. I know this one can be fixed but what the heck is going on?
sww914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Dec 27 2011, 09:16 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beerchug.gif

markb
dry.gif
sww914
Try again
sww914
1 more
Driving for 30 years, racing for 12, first crash. Sucks.
sixnotfour
Its Because you have Sea Legs blink.gif
whatabout1

Ooch ! Hope there is good insurance

euro lense/housing, early chrome bumper, early bumper top, body work, paint......

BajaXJ92
QUOTE(whatabout1 @ Dec 28 2011, 06:00 PM) *

Ooch ! Hope there is good insurance

euro lense/housing, early chrome bumper, early bumper top, body work, paint......

Looks like that fender might need a little body work too?

Is it bent/crooked?

How is the headlight bezel? Bent?
markb
sad.gif
BajaXJ92
I'm still surprised this car hasn't sold. Wish I had the cash for it, those paint matching mahle wheels look great. This car will only get better after the repairs smile.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 28 2011, 01:24 PM) *

1 more
Driving for 30 years, racing for 12, first crash. Sucks.

Steve, do you need a car to drive now?? My 914 has full coverage!! alfred.gif

jonathan
sww914
No thanks, I think I'll just walk for now.
sww914
Stutter strut.
RickS
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 27 2011, 06:25 PM) *

Is there something in the water? WTF.gif There seems to be some kind of attack on 914's lately. Watch out for the other guy fellas! unsure.gif

No lie about something in the water. Mine's in the body shop after the left front quarter got scraped at the shop doing some service work. While it was there I asked that they fix a few other rust issues and blemishes and the estimate came back at a sweet $500 with the entire right side respray. If you live in the Seattle area I would highly recommend Queen City Auto Rebuld.

Sorry no line on a bumper for ya, but you may want to post one in under the WTB classifieds if you haven't already. Good luck.
hwgunner
OK, got most everything worked out but just had a setback on the bumper. We are in need of a VVVVVVery good early, STRAIGHT, no hole front chrome bumper or a reasonably priced STRAIGHT early chrome bumper that can be re-chromed. If you have one you can send pics to hwgunner at msn dot com. Thanks
markb
It looks like I'll be needing a corner. sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Hey Mark,

Check this build thread. I repaired Sandy's car that was worse than that one. I saved the fender. Notice the photo of the ratchet strap going over the top of the right fender pulling back up right. It was layed over sticking out like yours and the end ahead of the park light was peeled open like a sardine can. Show your repair guy the link and he should be able to figure out what I did. Sandys was crushed on both sides and I saved both fenders.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=104128&hl=
Bleyseng
Mine got tagged two years ago by a idiot woman talking on a cellphone and backing up during the holidays. The SUV just smashed the turn signal metal but it still cost $2500 to straighten it out without using bondo.

Yours looks a lot worse but should be able to pull it all out if they try.
markb
The body shop is saying they're going to have to cut out the bent & weld in new. I'm going to go up there today & look at it.
markb
Unfortunately, after looking at the damage, I think this is now a parts car. This really sucks.
BajaXJ92
sad.gif Thats really sad news.

These cars really cannot take too much of a hit without bending in all of the wrong places. sad.gif
markb
After further conversation, they're saying they can pull it out & make it like it never happened. We'll have to see. I'm cautiously optimistic. smile.gif
MartyYeoman
That'll buff right out!
markb
Update:

The body & paint came out very nice. Unfortunately, they burned up the Pertronix when they were trying to get the turn signals wired up again. Since they are body guys, and not mechanics, and since the $$ was coming out of their own pocket, it took awhile before they got on it. They had a mech friend look at it last week, and his verdict was they burned up the dizzy. I think he meant they fried the Pertronix again. The body shop owner was going to double-check on that & get back to me. av-943.gif

On the bad side, Steve (sww914) has disappeared. Won't return phone messages, nor emails for the last couple of weeks. sad.gif It looks like I'm going to be stuck with the remainder of the bill. hissyfit.gif Very unfortunately, this really bothers me. My faith in my fellow man has taken a serious downturn. I'm hoping the body shop will let me make payments, so I can get the car back & put it back up for sale.

The saga continues......
carr914
That Sucks

Another reason nobody drives my cars except for me
JawjaPorsche
Amen to not letting anyone drive your teener. My 28 year old twins have never driven my teener and my wife doesn't drive it either! I am selfish!
hwgunner
The body shop still owes me for the pertronix too.

beerchug.gif Call me.

jonathan
mepstein
QUOTE(markb @ May 15 2012, 02:25 PM) *

Update:

The body & paint came out very nice. Unfortunately, they burned up the Pertronix when they were trying to get the turn signals wired up again. Since they are body guys, and not mechanics, and since the $$ was coming out of their own pocket, it took awhile before they got on it. They had a mech friend look at it last week, and his verdict was they burned up the dizzy. I think he meant they fried the Pertronix again. The body shop owner was going to double-check on that & get back to me. av-943.gif

On the bad side, Steve (sww914) has disappeared. Won't return phone messages, nor emails for the last couple of weeks. sad.gif It looks like I'm going to be stuck with the remainder of the bill. hissyfit.gif Very unfortunately, this really bothers me. My faith in my fellow man has taken a serious downturn. I'm hoping the body shop will let me make payments, so I can get the car back & put it back up for sale.

The saga continues......

Small claims court.
euro911
FUCH! mad.gif ... Hate when shit like that happens ...

... hoping there's a plausible explanation and everything all turns out OK.
markb
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2012, 12:10 PM) *

Small claims court.

He & his family live on a sail boat. No fixed address. Last I heard they were in Oceanside, Ca. I doubt he could be found, should he decide not to be found.
mepstein
QUOTE(markb @ May 15 2012, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2012, 12:10 PM) *

Small claims court.

He & his family live on a sail boat. No fixed address. Last I heard they were in Oceanside, Ca. I doubt he could be found, should he decide not to be found.

I don't know the law but it might still be a benefit to go through with court.
Cairo94507
Sad but if it is true the hard part might be getting him served. Go Small Claims, 10K maximum in CA. Go get the judgment and have it recorded against him. Should be good for 10 years. Send copies to the credit reporting agencies.....
sixnotfour
If the 914 people could bail out BR I think this is easy peasy. Steve's a decent person , total lifestyle change, Unfortunate circumstances,

on and on ????

I would donate, maybe getting soft , not sure ?

Of course he has disapeared ...it was a 3 hour tour !!

Mark is Ok too smile.gif
euro911
In a small claims case, the plaintiff is required to serve the defendant with a notice to appear.
infraredcalvin
Why don't you post a comment on that blog he's got in his sig line. Looks like he posted a few days ago...

Sorry for your misfortune.
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 15 2012, 08:32 PM) *

If the 914 people could bail out BR I think this is easy peasy. Steve's a decent person , total lifestyle change, Unfortunate circumstances,

on and on ????

I would donate, maybe getting soft , not sure ?

Of course he has disapeared ...it was a 3 hour tour !!

Mark is Ok too smile.gif

I'd be up for donating some too!
markb
Thanks guys. I'm hoping this might get him to contact me again.

I have parts posted for sale in the classifieds if you want to help out. If you need something not listed, PM or email me. I still have a bunch of stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.