Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP: 914world member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
He passed away the day after christmas, and just a few weeks afterselling his black 914 with a v6 conversion. I met him only once a couple of years ago when he posted a WTB or trade ad for a starter. I happened to have an old one on the shelf and gave him a call. We met near where he was living in SE portland, snd he told me about his situation with his car. He was trying to get it completed so that he could sell it to help with his financial situation.

I gave him the starter and asked if there was anything else I could help with. He said no, but he'd keep my number just in case.

I got a call from a woman yesterday asking if I knew Randall. The name didn't ring a bell, until she mentioned the black 914. She said he had finally sold the 914 a few weeks ago, and that he had passed from natural causes either on CHristmas Day or the 26th.

I didn't know Randal and only met him the one time, but I thought the world should know.
infraredcalvin
Didn't know him, but he seem to have touched you in some respect. RIP brother....
shoguneagle
You did touch him and did provide a good service for him. It is sad to hear one of our 914 owners having to sell his ride for financial reasons, but it very nice to hear that he was helped along the way. May he Rest In Peace.

I thnk he touched you and through you we have been touched by him. Thanks for your phone number we know about him and can think of him so he is not alone.

Thanks for the info.
BMXerror
RIP. sad.gif
Mark D.
Jakeodoule
I met Randal a few months back. He posted an ad for a bunch of stuff free. I ended up helping him clean out a storage deal and making a dump run for him. I really didn't need any of the stuff so I gifted it on to another member.

We chatted for a while about 914's, life and stuff. In the short time I spent with him it was clear he was a good soul. I only wish I'd met him sooner.
RIP Randal...

ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(BKLA @ Dec 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *

He passed away the day after christmas, and just a few weeks afterselling his black 914 with a v6 conversion. I met him only once a couple of years ago when he posted a WTB or trade ad for a starter. I happened to have an old one on the shelf and gave him a call. We met near where he was living in SE portland, snd he told me about his situation with his car. He was trying to get it completed so that he could sell it to help with his financial situation.

I gave him the starter and asked if there was anything else I could help with. He said no, but he'd keep my number just in case.

I got a call from a woman yesterday asking if I knew Randall. The name didn't ring a bell, until she mentioned the black 914. She said he had finally sold the 914 a few weeks ago, and that he had passed from natural causes either on CHristmas Day or the 26th.

I didn't know Randal and only met him the one time, but I thought the world should know.

Sounds like one of the many, many people I wish I had met before they left. Rest in peace Randall. I'm sure they have plenty of 914s in heaven (rust free of course!) smile.gif

-George
sixnotfour
RIP Randal.....

Hopefully he has an new one,, body in white.

I never met Randal , but reminds me of a fellow Bob C. who had passed away and Rich D. and I helped his brother out, actually buying the rest of the parts and shell Bob had so he could sell the house.
In fact it reminds me, Anyone seen a 76 maroon 914 with fiberglass lids and no title ?
Bob's brother has the title.

sorry for going on ,,Rip Randal.
JRust
I never met Randal but talked with him a few times. Seemed like a nice guy I just never got a chance to meet him. RIP bud
wingnut86
RIP Randal beer3.gif

See ya on the other side, where all 914s have Porsche 8 cylinders with the option for a seat belt

flag.gif
rick 918-S
Nice to here you were able to help when he needed it. Karma.
BajaXJ92
RIP. sad.gif
Gustl
R.I.P. sad.gif
JawjaPorsche
Randall was a "Teener" and that made him special. On my email signature it says, "Kindness doesn't cost a thing, but its value is priceless." You were extremely kind to help him get his car up and running. We are an elite group who have a passion for our "Teeners."
EdwardBlume
RIP - sounds like a good guy.

I can't stand hearing stories about people selling off half completed 914s and dying.

Make 2012 your year of 914 completion.

Remember, where two or more 914 people wrench, one brother to another, magic happens.

RIP.. and off to drive the roads above
ConeDodger
God speed Randall... sad.gif
Ian Stott
Condolences from north of the border Randall, RIP.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.