Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hehehe.. he he.. he.. WOOSH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Soooo.... Im just thinking... planning.. whatever.

My idea for when I have a trani to back up the v8, is to do a turbo... What I see with the v8's is the tq band.. Its Huge down low, and its a mirror reflection of the hp band.. If I went with a turbo with the 350.. that tq band would be level till 3.5k or so, then follow the hp band.... Ideal....

Also, you wouldnt have a "radical" engine, and could maintain decent fuel economy.

Obviously I would make my own system to fit in the engine compartment, and I would probably go with FI as well, also twin turbo makes sense as well because of placement, and spool up time. Im thinking a moderate 500 hp on 5 or 6 psi on a To4...

Heres a couple ebay auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://www.damagedreality.com/index2.html

IPB Image

Eye candy....

FI could be 1k.... Turbo setup could be 1-10k.....

Eh... I need a trani....
GWN7
You need the trans from THIS article. 1200 + hp

A few extra shifts a week and you will be able to afford one. biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
Why not a supercharger instead?
physician
you may also consider twin gt series turbo from garret. like the gt28rs(AKA: disco potato)

those are amazing! don't know what they would do at 6 psi, but i guest garret has something for you, depend on your budget.... unsure.gif

they are state of the art, quick spooling and great efficiency, you may not need intercooler at that pressure to start, so you save some fabrication, and cutting for space sawzall-smiley.gif

and like you said, better find a good tranny!

isn't a twin turbo 3.2 black 914 with ridiculous power around?? woth top fan? may want to find his set up
but probably a flipped 930 is the way to go, has many v8 have done it
Andyrew
I'll be looking into that pantera trani... I know one guy has it with good results..

Josh.. Why not supercharged? Well.. A supercharger is GREAT from idle on up.. but it will KILL the top end... Since where talking a already powerful 400tq v8.. It doesnt need much down low to get the little 914 up to speed..
Now a turbo will kick in at 3.5 or 3.0k... Just about when the tq band dies. Thus producing a very efficient, insanely quick car... But mainly.. Its the sound. Im not kidding you dude.. The sound is so intoxicating... Big old turbo's, free flowing intake/exhaust... Dude.... I need to give you a ride in the race car..
neo914-6
A long 20 years ago in a galaxy far away....
Andyrew
dooood...

mo picks man.... Thats sick... Who's car is that? Thats about what I want to do...
neo914-6
Part of my V8 Porsche magazine collection, soon to be out on CD...here's a sample:
tesserra
The V8 is enough power!
Get the car running right and geared right then spend some thought on how to make it handle and stop well.
By then you will be on your 2nd motor and you could revisit more HP.
A well tuned 914 v8 is the fastest car I have ever been in and I would have to do alot of driving before I felt I needed more speed.
George
Andyrew
Thats RSH's 914.... *looks*

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ya... I like that one..
dan10101
QUOTE(tesserra @ Aug 24 2004, 10:00 PM)
The V8 is enough power!
Get the car running right and geared right then spend some thought on how to make it handle and stop well.
By then you will be on your 2nd motor and you could revisit more HP.
A well tuned 914 v8 is the fastest car I have ever been in and I would have to do alot of driving before I felt I needed more speed.
George

Thank you, the voice of reason...

He actually thinks I'm going to let him drive it with 300+ hp. It may be his car, but he still lives in my house! mad.gif If he want's to move out in a couple months when he turns 18, then fine, he can do what he wants. In the meantime, reason prevails..

Of course, he won't have access to the 4 car garage we're going to build... rolleyes.gif
Andyrew
Oh ya, unhook the secondary's when IM driving it.. But when HE'S driving it he'll hook them back up... BAH. <_<
neo914-6
Don't knock the dream! They kept me going when I was a young... boldblue.gif
Felix
Mueller
after a certain amount of HP, it's all bragging rights unless you have someplace you can use it all and even then, you better have one helluva fat wallet....to pay for better, wider tires and rims, brakes and suspension or for that lawyer you are going to need when something goes wrong and someone gets hurt...yes, it can happen with an 80hp 914, but chances are greatly increased when the numbers go up and up......
Andyrew
yup, and with everything, I want bigger.. and chances are... I'll get it! ohmy.gif .. Maybe not this year... maybe not next... But I'll have it.

Honestly I dont plan on stopping with my modifications.. I plan on getting a full tube car.. custom suspension.. bla bla bla.. And driving it daily.
Mueller
everytime you think you need more HP and that you can handle it:

wreckedexotics.com

I'm pretty sure some of these owners knew how to drive and handle these cars more than you and I combined...sh!t happens and its expensive when it does
Andyrew
Really think I plan on getting my thrills on the street?

The most thrills I plan on doing is pulling next to a ricer, letting them rev their engine.. then I'll make them drop their jaws when I rev mine... Then watch as the cop pulls them over after they "hit it" laugh.gif

Its alot of bragging rights.. but I'd rather test the car on the track then the street...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.