Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finally got my revolution wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
These wheel are bitchin. aktion035.gif They look 10 times better when you actually see them a touch them. Now it is time to pick a tire size. I have been eyeing up the kuhmo ASX tires for a while and i think those are the tires i want. My question to you guys is what size should i get. I want to keep the speddometer as close to stock as possible so 205/40 are out of the question. The size that i really want is a 215/45/17. So i was wondering how much wider a 205/45/17 compared to a 205/50/17 and will the 215/45 fit without rubbing??
Thanks alot,
James
Aaron Cox
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jporsche914
I dont have anyway to post pictures sorry
F4i
If you got your wheels then I should get mine soon. I hope...
I am going with 205 50 17. the speedo will be the same and they are about as wide as I dare.
jporsche914
So you dont think the 215/45/17 will fit? Do you know how much wider the 215 is over th 205?
Mueller
Do you know how much wider the 215 is over th 205?

10mm or .394" smile.gif

seriously, use the power of the Web !!!!!!

go to tire rack dot com, pick the brand you want, go the "specs" and you'll get your answer, or at least close to it........

how stock are your rear fenders? (rear fenders are problem, you can put wider rims/tires up front)

the 205 tire is a perfect match for a 7" wide rim

i have 205/45/17's on my revolutions
jporsche914
My fenders are stock. What tires do you have on your revolution wheels?
Mueller
Yokohama AVS ES100....got mine at Americas Tires
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I'll be mounting 205 50 17 on mine. That comes closest to the stock diameter. I think that size tire should fit under a stock fender. I may roll my rear fenders and try 215s. 225s would be even better. What is everyone using for spacers in the front?
Cheers, Elliot
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 31 2004, 06:36 PM)
10mm

whoohooo, Muller goes metric!!!

i tell 'ya, metric is sooooooo much easier ...

215mm - 205mm = 10mm  doh!

biggrin.gif Andy
maf914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 31 2004, 09:00 PM)
i tell 'ya, metric is sooooooo much easier ...

Tire sizes are given in metric, but with english units for the wheel size. What's up with that? wacko.gif

Mike, Can you get those 205/45's on 7 x 17 Revolutions under the stock rear fenders? What kind of backspace or offset do they have?
Mueller
Mike, Can you get those 205/45's on 7 x 17 Revolutions under the stock rear fenders?

yep, they are designed for the stock fenders.....I wouldn't try a larger tire...and to be honest with you there is no real reason except for bragging rights for most people smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.