Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink Rubber Thing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I was under the car yesterday and noticed some dried out pieces of pinkish rubber. It seems to be comming from under the coil spring were it sits on the strut. The strut is black and says Blistein. The strut and coil both seem fine, the rubber could have dried out from 8 years sitting outside, can I get a replacement?
d7n7master
Pink Rubber Thing???
Go to any pharmacy and ask for a c-o-n-d-o-m wacko.gif
datapace
Probably the remnants of a bump stop. They are thick chunks of rubber that fit over the shock/strut shaft to prevent damage to the shock and chassis during extreme compression.

Sort of like a "last resort". They should be avaliable separately although I think they come with new inserts when you get them.

-datapace
SirAndy
QUOTE(d7n7master @ Aug 25 2004, 09:04 AM)
Pink Rubber Thing???

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
IME, the bump stops don't come with the new inserts, and you REALLY need them. Wait 'til you hear what they cost .................................................... The Cap'n
HarveyH
the Cap'n said
Wait 'til you hear what they cost ....

Just did the bump stops about $50. each for a piece of molded rubber with a flat washer fixed to the end... Ah fine German craftsmanship.
Harvey
balljoint
I checked out the price on those things too. $65.00 and only at the dealer, I decided that they probably wouldn't fit on the new replacement rear shocks so I left them off.

Very brittle crumbly pink rubber.
ruddyboys
Of course my camera is at work, but I found this pic of a strut. The rubber ring sits here, under the spring. I checked other sites and no lists this part.
Aaron Cox
dude..my konis came with bump stops... and also... paragon sells em for cheap too.

wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.