Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Are these bushings nececessary? They are two pieced. I am having issues with clearance of the oil line that comes out of the bottom of the Porsche OEM oil tank when I use these. Line is too close the the bottom edge of the rear fender just above the rockers.

carr914
Brian pretty sure they are necessary to space the tank away from the engine wall.

And WTF.gif my cousin didn't pay a visit to tweek you kneecaps?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 6 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Brian pretty sure they are necessary to space the tank away from the engine wall.

Just to be sure.... you have one against the tank and one inside the engine comp. then the big flat washer under the nut right ?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 6 2012, 12:18 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 6 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Just to be sure.... you have one against the tank and one inside the engine comp. then the big flat washer under the nut right ?

Yes. And make sure you install the line before you put the tank in. Otherwise you can't get to the line to tighten it up.

Also be careful lining up the oil filter console. It's easy to get it misaligned, and if you do, the engine will be starved for oil.

mepstein
Your going to have to isolate the tank from the body with the bushings. They are stock.
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 6 2012, 10:53 AM) *

Which half of the bushing goes on the inside of the engine bay?
bcheney
OK...I figured out the problem...I wasn't paying close enough attention to the bushings and the stampings on the coachwork. The slim half of the bushing goes on the fender well side and the thicker one goes in the engine compartment side. I will post pics later so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.