Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Stainless Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RobertD
Ok guys before I buy a set of stainless fuel lines, does anyone have a set that they purchased and are now not going to use? Anyone made their own using aluminum tubing or braided stainess?
Thanks RobertD
I'm sure there are some out there.., I even have a set but plan on using them.. back to my post, I'm not sure what your time is, but if it were me , I would just by a set from Chris Foley here and be done with it.
zymurgist
I made a set out of mild steel. That was just before Chris started selling his stainless lines. If I had to do it again, I would buy his product.
strawman
agree.gif the Foley ones fit great!
pilothyer
I know the material is easy to bend to the shape you will need, but I would "think twice" before making these out of aluminum tubing.
JeffBowlsby
Another solution is to make them from the same material the factory did. Nylon 6 tubing, available from McMaster-Carr and other places, its not expensive. Nylon 6 is heat formable. It will embrittle and discolor over a very long time period due to moisture absorption just like the factory originals, but should be good for about another 30 years or so before needing replacement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.