Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Copper fin radiator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Someone mentioned about making a radiator utilizing copper fin tubing??

http://www.fintube.com/plate-finned-tubing.html

I wonder if this would be practical?

I'm getting tired of aluminum radiators popping their screws all the time. Too many ifs, could be's and maybe's about whether to try and send it in and fix it, if it even can be, or just junk it and find another route. I would think copper would be easier to solder if needed, than fixing the aluminum.

The guy behind the counter thought that if you could give them the information on like, size, how much the water pump, pumps, etc. they could figure out how big a person would need it to be.

Or is there a normal copper radiator that would work better?
pcar916
What'cha trying to cool and by how much?

If you're popping screws then is it a pressure thing or a vibration thing?

Both are soft metals, more info. beerchug.gif
ruby914
I considered using something like that in my long tubes to heat the passenger compartment.
partwerks
My electrician had an idea about making a radiator for the subie conversion since my aluminum radiator is seeping again, but I think I will send it in and hopefully can be repaired? I would think copper would be easier to fix than aluminum if a person was to try and make something?

He also mentioned using the coil out of a A/C unit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.