Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pump for 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I am in the beginnning stages of a 2056 build.

I am curiuos on what the reccomendations are for the oil pump? Is a stock type 1 pump the way to go or are there performance aftermarket pumps that are the better way to go?

Sources?
Mark Henry
26mm or 30mm type 1 schadeck pump, I wouldn't use any of the AM pumps, even the schadeck doesn't have the QC they used to have.
I would just get one of Jake's pumps (type 4 store) as he specs them out and modifies (clearance) them for the type4.
Use a steel pump cover.
Harpo
I have never seen complete pumps on the type 4 website, only some components.

Dave
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jan 14 2012, 11:01 AM) *

I have never seen complete pumps on the type 4 website, only some components.

Dave

It is a complete type one pump as it would come from the dealer, all that is missing is the cover. You would use a stock type1 cover if you plan to use the stock filter or a full flow cover if you plan on a remote filter adapter.
Be aware that if you go full flow you need to modify the one engine mount.
Jake Raby
We haven't sold oil pumps for about 3 years now.. Got fed up with people building engines without checking clearances and ending up with low oil pressure... Then getting the finger pointed toward the oil pump when it wasn't at fault.

jmargush
Jake,

Do you have reccomendations on what/where to buy one from?
Speedster Mike
Got Mine from Darrin over at DRD RACING HEADS in California...Type 1 set up and modifyed for TYPE IV motor, 30mm. Perfect fit....all is well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.