Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ?want to delete ignition from steering column
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellowporky
Does anyone have experience deleting the ignition switch fron the steering column on a 75 car. I thought that I read that 73 and earlier 911 parts work with the 914 column. I am not interested in having a steering lock or making this like the 914-6 cars I just want to delete the igniton and have the column cover that works. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
chris@buonhuasi.com
SirAndy
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Jan 15 2012, 11:15 AM) *

Does anyone have experience deleting the ignition switch fron the steering column on a 75 car. I thought that I read that 73 and earlier 911 parts work with the 914 column. I am not interested in having a steering lock or making this like the 914-6 cars I just want to delete the igniton and have the column cover that works. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
chris@buonhuasi.com

A lot of work, not a simple bolt-on:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=82045

Also, unless you like tons of SPAM emails in your inbox, i would recommend not listing your email address at the bottom of each post.

shades.gif
yellowporky
Thanks Andy,
I put the email there because there seems to be alot of guests that visit this site who might have the info I need but not want to register to be able to post.
yellowporky
I looked at you link Andy and I guess I did not realize how different the columns are. I was hoping that the early 911 plastic cover was similar to the 914 minus the ignition bump. I guess it is time to cut off the igniton and play with fiberglass for a new column cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.