Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ber914
I have fitted a Momo steering wheel with a Momo hub adaptor to my 72 914. My hands are now too close to the stalks on the steering column. Is this a common problem and is there an easy solution other than getting a spacer machined up?

Robert
machina
I think MOMO makes a spacer to push the wheel back a bit.

Otherwise you may need a wheel with a deep dish like the mod 07.

dr
Fastalswanson
I put the Momo 1/2" space on mine and it works much better.
If I did it again, I think I would use the 1.0" spacer.
GPR sells the spacer kits.
JWest
QUOTE(Fastalswanson @ Aug 26 2004, 07:13 AM)
I put the Momo 1/2" space on mine and it works much better.
If I did it again, I think I would use the 1.0" spacer.
GPR sells the spacer kits.

I concur - get the spacer.
Aaron Cox
wierd. i have a prototipo...not much dishm and a hub..i dont have any problems..... idea.gif

which hub do you have- the one with the rubber boot or the cast.milled aluminum piece? one apperars to be longer than the other
fiid
Pelican sells a 1/2" spacer which is what I have on my car. Solved the problem quite nicely.

Fiid.
seanery
personally, I think steering wheels are for pussies! A real man can drive with a pair of vice grips attached to the column! laugh.gif
fiid
Vice grips are for pussies.

Real men use a ratchet, and flick the direction back an forth depending where they want to go.

biggrin.gif
seanery
HAAA! laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
REAL men throttle steer ........................ Didn't you learn ANYTHING from The Dukes of Hazzard, one of the greatest documentarys ever filmed? The Cap'n
lapuwali
Hm. I thought the real lesson from Dukes was that real men didn't steer at all. They just jumped over anything in the way...
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I had the some problem with my wheel. It has a smaller diameter than stock and is closer to the dash. I kept hitting the wiper lever and activating the wipers on a dry windshield. My solution was to cut the damn lever off. It is now much shorter and harder to hit while steering. I filed the end smooth and painted it. I may do the same with my turn signal switch. A little drastic but it works for me. Some people here in So. Cal. disable the wipers till the winter. You know....the "rainy season" LOL
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.